12inch SiruPana (SASSY)
A khukuri made for play and display; one that can be used hard and can also be exhibited at the same time..
12inch SiruPana (SASSY) = Sirupate + Full Tang Khukuri
Truly an all-rounder, be it inside your showcase or out in the deep wild forest.
This interesting name is actually extracted from two very famous Kukris terms used in Nepal; “SiruPate” = 'Siru' and “Panawal”= 'Pana' , hence "SiruPana". 'Sassy' the nick for its smart, cheeky, bold look and spirit of this kukri.
The 12 inches long blade is that of the slimmer and slender “SiruPate” type and it gives better coverage and area. The shape of the blade is actually the influence of the maker from a leaf called “Siru Paat” found in the hilly region of Nepal. the blade is forged narrow and slender; weight is reduced, and as a result, handling the knife is easier and less tiring.
The strong and superb “Panawal” handle; here, is further improvised for better and easier grip. Likewise “Panawal” means, as seen in the above picture, a handle with full flat tang going all the way through and reinforced by rivets from two sides to secure the handle to the tang (The two wooden pieces handles are first glued and later hammered by rivets to strengthen the whole fixture). Unlike the regular khukuris, the number of ridges in the handle is ignored and replaced by one singular bulky ridge, as seen in the picture. A full flat tang rosewood handle that offers easy grip and handling is also fitted to withstand the heavy duty work and pressure.
A special brown leather scabbard is used with a fasten-up frog and a metal tip is used to beautify the khukri’s overall look.
The combination/ feature of the khukuri is such that both above-mentioned objectives can be achieved from the “SiruPana”; sheer supremacy within a Sassy kukri.
Blade Size: 12 inches approx.
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
Materials/Features: Brown leather scabbard, Rosewood new unique Panawal handle
- Actual Weight (gm): 610
- Overall weight (gm): 775
- Shipping weight (gm): 1125
- Blade finishing: Mirror
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Blade thickness (mm): 8
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Brown leather
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Decoration, Defending, Domestic use, Hunting, Fighting, Jungle warfare, Regular Work
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]