12inch SiruPate (Advance)
Improved or advanced feature of the SiruPate Khukuri; often used in military engagements in desert terrains..
12" SiruPate Khukuri (Advance); from farmer to soldier, from hills to desert
It is an improved design of the famous SiruPate models; built newer, fresher and better than the regular ones. The white-cream wooden handle on the blade and the same color frog with fasten-up lace distinguish this SiruPate from its siblings and others. These improved or advanced features of the 12” SiruPate also makes it an attractive kukri and more than just a mere hard cutting knife-tool.
The shape is actually the influence of the maker from a leaf called “Siru Paat” found in the hilly regions of Nepal. Since the shape of the knife highly resembles the leaf the name is given so as Sirupate Kukri. With some modern touch up to the traditional features from Khukuri House, KHHI, this kukri knife is called as the 'Advance Sirupate Kukri'.
Improved, effective and attractive version of SiruPate >>
12 inch semi-polished (matt finishing) long blade of the 12” SiruPate kukri gives better coverage and hence better performance. Also, since the blade is slender the over-weight (hard to handle) issue is well addressed here. The knife is easy to handle, light to carry yet very effective and brutal. It has a traditional handle having a stick tang fitting. The two ends of the handle are made from thick white metal which suits the overall setting. It is also easy to maintain as there is no rust issue. The improved scabbard on the other hand has a loosen-up fastening frog for the belt to go through. It can be fasten and loosen as necessary. The attach frog that ties the kukri close to the body also provides easy carriage and handling of the khukuri. On top of that, a lanyard loop fixed at the tip prevents the kukri from wobbling while in motion when tied around in thigh.
The effortlessness, easiness and effectiveness of the Sirupate Advanced Khukuri make this knife important and functional, be it in indoor or outdoor or even in untamed sites.
The SiruPate in Desert front ..
Sirupate is becoming increasingly popular amongst the young Gurkha and Nepali soldiers deployed in various western fronts like in Iraq, Afghanistan and in other middle-east countries. They say its due to its light weight, good coverage and matching look that blends well with their uniform. The added features in the knife are also a plus point. Moreover a Sirupate khukuri has always been close to Nepalese as a national knife and useful tool. The image and trust on the khukuri has always been there for the user. We wish all our valiant soldiers best wishes and safe life !!
Size of Blade: 12 inches approx.
Materials / Feature: Water buffalo leather scabbard with white (cream) lace frog, White wood handle, 2 x small knives
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu
- Actual Weight (gm): 560
- Overall weight (gm): 775
- Shipping weight (gm): 1125
- Blade finishing: Semi Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 8.5
- Handle finishing: Semi Polished
- Sheath: Water buffalo leather
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: White Metal
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Indoor, Domestic use, Hunting, Combat, Jungle warfare, Regular Work
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]