15 inch Defender (Guard)
It is actually the merging of two Desert Operation kukris, the OIFK (Iraq) and OEFK (Afghanistan)..
15inch Defender kukri knife (Guard); huge, deadly and beautiful weapon. For our soldiers serving in Desert.
Defender is actually the merging of two “Desert Operation” kukris, the OIFK (Iraq) and OEFK (Afghanistan). Demand for a longer and heavier blade, and requirement for a modification with the superior aspect within both kukris (blade of OIFK and Handle of OEFK) have created the “Defender” to better the best. The blade’s 15 inches long range coverage backed up by a complete fuller version for strength and performance, unique hand-guard featuring full tang handle and special attractive cream leather scabbard distinguishes the Defender from the rest; defines Defender’s defiance against its invaders.
Defender's good coverage (reach), full chirra (fuller) and effective handle (in-built guard for protection) are it major strength (power)..
Special handle for combat and use; swift and safe. Typical khukuri shaped handle is replaced by KHHI’s exclusive handle where the top front portion is erected from the actual surface/level to protect the using handle; the erected contour will ensure that the holding hand stays restricted within the handle so it can be prevented from slipping towards the sharp edge of the khukuri blade. The design and shape of the handle is crafted to give the best possible and fast handling. The full flat tang goes all the way through the handle, glued to the wooden pieces and further riveted to strengthen the whole fixture. The regular butt cap (pommel) is discarded but the naked tang pops out of the handle where a circular hole is made as a lanyard hole (wrist cord). White wood is used for the handle to match it or camouflage it with the uniforms of the soldier.
- basically the famous “World War” version however made slightly longer for bigger
- better impact with semi-polished improvised finishing in the blade
- the complete fuller version from tip to the notch area on the surface level is designated to give more strength and durability to the width of the blade while in use
- the curvature will give much needed support to the flat surface for heavy duty work and also makes lighter and thus easier to handle
- the blade is a display of true craftsmanship as it is the hardest to craft
- Religious blood dripper is discarded to give a modern look
- here the nozzle (Nathri) works as a blood dripper
The scabbard of this knife is made in cream (Off White) colored leather to match its handle. A frog with fasten-up style in the front and two belt loops at the back are used for better look and stronger hold. This type of scabbard is durable and displayable as well.
[15” Defender also comes in black normal buffalo hide leather scabbard (same style as in the picture). Please write the preferred scabbard color in the “Comment and Message” box while ordering]
Size of blade: 15 inch approx
Materials: Special cream (Off white) leather scabbard, White wood special full flat tang handle, 2 x special accompanying knives
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 925
- Overall weight (gm): 1250
- Shipping weight (gm): 1700
- Blade finishing: Semi Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 9
- Handle finishing: Unpolished
- Sheath: Special cream (Off white) leather
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: None
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Chirra
- Function: Sacrifical, Heavy Duty, Lethal, Combat, Jungle warfare, Military
Give us your valuable review on our items.
Wow!! All you need it this Khukri for any outdoors trip..... or for war!
Arrived today. Excellent again in all ways I wanted and hoped for! This is a real animal of a blade. Thank you very much for the great quality.
Date: 21st July, 2020
Peter Fischer Germany
Just a quick email to let you know the shipment arrived last week. The kukri is very large! But all items are up to your usual high standard. I'm very happy with them.
Today It is here.it is very nice,and i m Very Happy ..tanks you for all'...you a wonderful people..see you for next KUKRIS. sincerely and best regards.
15” Defender having BCC (black chemical coat incl the edge/bevel and handle tang) with Black KYDEX sheath (default sheath not needed )-flat wood handle