2012 Standard Issue (Gurkha kukri knives)
In the long tradition of BGN (British Gurkhas Nepal) where an annual tender is done every year to appoint an official maker/supplier for its new recruits for that particular year, KHHI has successfully won the annual contract for various years and once again we are extremely pleased and honored to announce that we have been selected for the year 2012. KHHI’s high quality kukris and its professionalism into the business beat all in the race and BGN officials were so pleased with the product and price that they decided to handover the contract to KHHI. Now KHHI will be supplying a total number of 252 pieces for the “Recruit Intake 2012” in which each recruit will be issued with 2 khukuris.
KHHI is very delighted, privileged and further motivated to be appointed as the official maker and supplier to the legendary British Gurkhas for the year 2012. We would like express our deep gratitude and gratefulness to all our well wishers, supporters and customers without whom KHHI would not have come this far. We would also like to thank all BGN staff for giving us this opportunity to serve the Gurkhas.
We have also decided to open the kukris for the general public acquirement. A few extra of the same standard issue kukris that are made for the contract are available for purchase.
As you know by now there are two khukuris issued to a soldier - one is the Service No.1 or the Parade knife (British Gurkhas Parade, BGP) and the other is the Service No.2 or the Exercise knife (British Gurkhas Exercise, BGE). Both blades are exactly the same and almost identical to its original version issued in late 1980’s called the “Service No.1 (Sarkhari Kukri)”, however slightly thicker and wider thus heavier and the shape/curve differs marginally (not noticeable to a general eye). Similarly the brass bolster has lips slanted to the blade unlike the original and 2009 issue. Both blades are well polished. The rest features are exactly same as its earlier counterparts. The only thing differentiating Service No.1 or the Parade knife (BGP) and Service No.2 or the Exercise knife (BGE) this time in 2012 is the scabbard it comes with. BGP has shiny patent leather sheath (see photo) and hence carried for parade, on duty and on ceremonial occasions where as BGE has Normal black leather sheath (water buffalo hide) and hence used as a tactical knife and carried for training, exercise and even for combat.
Both Gurkha Knives are original and made by KHHI for the official “Recruit Intake 2012” of the Brigade of Gurkhas of the British Army.
(PRICE INCLUDES BOTH KNIVES)
Blade: 10.25 inch approx.
Thickness: 10 mm approx.
Handle: 5 inch approx.
Weight: 600 gms (blade + handle) approx.
Scabbard: Shiny patent leather (BGP) and Water Buffalo Hide (BGE)
Overall Weight: 775 gms approx.
Enclose: Both come with a frog, brass chape and two accompanying knives (Karda Chakmak), each blade is stamped with "KHHI 2012"
Materials / Features: Shiny patent leather (BGP), Water buffalo hide (BGE), Buffalo horn handle, Brass fixture, High carbon steel
[Please be notified that each blade will have / has “KHHI 2012” stamped in the ricasso area to denote the manufacturer of the kukri and the year of enlistment]
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 615
- Overall weight (gm): 825
- Shipping weight (gm): 2200
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 10
- Handle finishing: Brass fixture
- Sheath: Black Leather
- Released date of KHHI Nepal: 2012-11-26
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Defending, Gift, Military, Combat, Jungle warfare, Show Piece, Regular Work
Write a Review
Give us your valuable review on our items.