American Eagle (Freedom) Kukri (Guard version)
“We have freed the Eagle kukrily...”
Name and Design
KHHI’s product line gets another boost, gets stronger and smarter with the release of this fascinating and unique kukri. An exciting and exaggerated name, “American Eagle” is given to denote the specialty of the knife as a signifier of one of the world’s most respected and feared predators that is also the symbol of freedom to Americans and others. The “Bald Eagle” found in the US land is the influential factor for the name and look of this kukri because of the eagle’s supremacy, amazement, ferocity and more importantly its use as an icon of the world’s most powerful word “FREEDOM”.
In the kukri world its also known as the “American EAGLE Kukri or the EAGLE handle Kukri knife”. KHHI exaggerates it as the 1st Gurkha style American Khukuri. We are also very proud to be the 1st ever creator/designer of this special type of EAGLE handle. The motive was to modernize the kukri by providing safer and more effective handle and to also give a dashing new sassy look.
The eagle handle with guard
It is improvised with an unique outstanding and more protective guard handle; designed to safeguard a user’s hand at all times. This distinct guard version handle where the bolster (Kanzo) is lifted upright (about an inch) from the front edge ensures that the user’s hand always stays at the handle section no matter what. The guard protects (limits) the handle within the handle parameters even in wet and slippery conditions. The handle further has metal butt cap overlapping the end of the handle for strength and look. The handle also facilitates a wrist-loop belt to go through its hole (lanyard) to ensure that the kukri is never dropped. The name “Eagle” is also well supported by the handle itself as it appears to be like that of the head of the eagle (Beak Head and Eyes) when observed closely. The full flat tang (Panawal version) reinforced by silver (aluminum) rivets is another significant aspect of the Eagle Kukri’s handle that furnishes a long-lasting and heavy-duty handle.
Blade:: The most famous and legendary kukri the “World War” makes the blade of the American eagle. The shape of the knife is the old Gurkha Army model that was believed to have been used in world war days particularly in the 2nd world war. The blade is highly polished to prevent from getting rust and to look better.
Scabbard:: A special type of leather is used to make the scabbard shinier, stronger and better looking. Laced frog (fasten-up) with twin belt loops is fitted for smarter look. White metal chape protects the scabbard’s naked tip and provides beauty to the knife.
2 x traditional small knives are discarded to present a new and modern look.
Size of Blade: 10 inches
Materials: Special leather scabbard, Indian rosewood Eagle handle, Extra polished blade
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 650
- Overall weight (gm): 875
- Shipping weight (gm): 1175
- Blade finishing: Mirror
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 9
- Handle finishing: Polish
- Sheath: Special leather scabbard
- Released date of KHHI Nepal: 2005-01-01
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Trekking, Indoor, Gift, Outdoor, Collection, Regular Work