Balance Special Kukri (Stable)
Balance, because it can actually stand upright/still (horizontally as shown in the picture) on any pointed fix edge. The blade of this beautifully shaped knife is one of the most difficult ones to craft, as it should be made in such a way that the weight of the blade and the handle are precisely equal. It has the ability to stand still (upright) when placed at any pointed area without falling downward or sidewise. The blade is forged pretty curved for the very objective and maker has to distribute the weight of the blade and handle evenly in order to achieve the balance position of the kukri. The unique curved shape of the Balance also resembles the aboriginal weapon called "Boomerang", however nothing to do with the latter’s exclusive function. Balance has a highly polished blade done to give a very fine look. Although very famous, it’s not an army knife.
Surprisingly Balance kukri's special balancing feature (act) doesn’t have any special purpose. It is just an exhibition of skill of the craftsman. Balance kukri makes very good gift as well as a displayer to decorate a shelf or a room. The knife is yet again a completely functional knife with good edge and hardness. Due to its balancing feature its nick named as stable kukri.
Size of blade: 9 inch approx.
Materials: Water buffalo leather scabbard, water buffalo horn handle, 2 x small knives
Origin: Dharan, Eastern Nepal
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 400
- Overall weight (gm): 525
- Shipping weight (gm): 825
- Blade finishing: Mirror
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Dharan, Eastern Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 8
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Black Leather
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Decoration, Gift, Domestic use, Collection, Regular Work
Give us your valuable review on our items.