Barun Tri Angkhola kukri (Masterx Work)
Master craftsman, Mr. Barun BK, man behind the success of great classic kukris of KHHI like the “King Prithivi” and “MK Angkhola” comes up with his own design and creates this superb kukri knife out of his great skill and tons of experience. It’s a hacking, whacking, stabbing, slicing etc you name it. With its unique 3 (tri) x chirra in blade and tall bevel the kukri is truly a master’s creation built for the ultimate satisfaction. Now finally getting officially released only today, ie, 7th June 2017, due to overwhelmed pre-launch orders which pushed back the release date by 3 months, clearly speaks for the class this knife truly holds.
Exquisite and ergonomic shaped with no shoulder (peak) having a smooth and gentle flow, blended with 2 subtle chirras (fullers) in upper section and 1 semi-chirra (fuller) in lower section, merged with resolute tall elongated bevel for bigger impact; raw and brute; solid power and extremely well balanced weight/feel, defines the blade of the Barun Tri Angkhola. Where as in another hand - gentle inward curved, simple full tang wood material, extremely durable and comfortable that is crafted well proportionate to the blade, speaks for the khukuri’s simple yet classic type of handle this khukuri integrates.
To finish off in 1 line; the ultimate hand forged MACHINE for any common MAN ….
Blade: 13" approx
Handle: about 5" Rosewood (carved) gentle inward curved
Thickness/Spine: 8.5 mm approx. around bolster (distal taper)
widest = 55 mm approx.
narrowest = 35 mm approx.
wt: 625 gms approx (v effective and balanced weight)
Raw Black finishing
Materials / Features: Traditional black leather sheath with Vertical carriage frog, WOOD handle
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal (released on 7th June 2017)
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 625
- Overall weight (gm): 800
- Shipping weight (gm): 1200
- Blade finishing: RAW
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 8.5
- Handle finishing: Unpolished
- Sheath: Traditional black leather
- Released date of KHHI Nepal: 2017-06-07
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Chirra
- Function: Domestic use, Stabbing, Lethal, Combat, Jungle warfare, Collection, Regular Work, Trekking
My Barun Tri Angkhola khukuri was just delivered to me. Once, again, I am extremely impressed! This khukuri is, indeed, an excellent synthesis of performance characteristics. It also has excellent fit and finish. Even the edge is unusually sharp.
The "customized" handle is a great success. It fits my hand very comfortably. I look forward to "field testing"this khukuri after the weather "breaks".
Thank you for your attention and for the excellent service.
John Schedel, USA
I received my Khukuri crafted by master craftsman Braun BK. Please tell him thank you for a beautiful and very functional Khukuri. KHHI quality of product and service is outstanding. Thank you
California 92583 USA
KHHI SALE ID: QL6439 P0
Timothy McLaughlin California, USA
I received the Kukri's today! They were in great shape and I appreciate the craftsmanship. I think that in hindsight, I'd have probably purchased an other one besides the PanaPlus. Tell Barun his craftsmanship is outstanding..
KHHI SALE ID: QL6501 P1
18th December, 2017Kirk Anderson