BhojPure Khukuri (Nepali)
A historic, iconic, old and treasured khukuri with traditional and religions values in Nepalese culture.
Bhojpur, a far eastern hilly village of Nepal where farming is the prime source of livelihood is famous for its khukuris (Local Production) since man first knew kukri. This ancient village produces number of khukuris of various types but its proto type named after the village itself “the BhojPure” introduced about a century ago is the most famous of all. Farmers used it and still use it to accomplish their daily domestic and livelihood activities that require cutting and hacking. It is more than just a cutting knife for a farmer- in fact its his partner and his safe keeper. BhojPure because it is old and treasured khukuri has its own traditional and religions values in Nepalese culture. It is believed that a BhojPur khukuri would bring good fortune and prosperity when kept at home, it would also safe guard a home from evil and Satan spirits, would help a man sleep well when kept under his pillow, a bridegroom carries his ancestral BhojPure khukuri in his sash during marriage ceremony to represent his entire family and some typical families discard a BhojPure khukuri belonging to the dead man in his last rite believing it would scare away all evil spirits and take its master to heaven. All most all Nepalese keep the BhojPure kukri at home primarily because of these above beliefs.
A Bhojpure khukuri is fatter and heavier than the standard army knives. The blade is also made thicker to ease and quicken the cutting action. Since it is basically a cutting knife it is kept/made very simple. BhojPure these days are the modernized version of its older counterparts. They have been better finished to give better look and appeal.
A BhojPure is an outstanding working knife that can be also be used in rough condition. It also makes an excellent and unique gift since the knife is historic, iconic and has religious values.
Heartily loved by all Nepalese.. the ALL TIME FAVOURITE :)
Size of blade: 10 inch
Materials: Water buffalo leather scabbard, rosewood handle, 2 x small knives Origin: Bhojpur, Eastern Nepal
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 575
- Overall weight (gm): 825
- Shipping weight (gm): 1125
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Bhojpur, Eastern Nepa
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 10
- Handle finishing: Polish
- Sheath: Black Leather
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Indoor, Gift, Domestic use, Outdoor, Regular Work
Give us your valuable review on our items.
My first knife
just received my first order(2 knives) and this Bhojpure is very nice indeed. lovely handle of which can also be said of the KARDA & CHAKMAK too. love the weight of this village use knife and the good sized handle that has an almost used feel to it due to the comfort hold you get. express my gratitude to BHAKTA (4) please for this impressive knife
With much appreciation Steve.
Date: 23rd February, 2019