Biltong (Pocket Kukri)
Name of this knife is actually the imitation of the South African native knife used for cutting dry meat. This interesting and appealing name is in fact the courtesy of one of the main importers of South Africa who used to buy from KHHI long time back. The gentleman saw the potential of the Biltong kukri as a better and cheaper means of cutting dry meat so started ordering in massive quantity and promoted the knife in his country as the “Biltong Kukri”. Hence the name originated that exists till date.
This 5 inch bladed kukri knife also instantly picked up in the local market in Nepal so KHHI also started producing for retail under the same name. Similarly, the Biltong stormed the kukri market in no time and now it’s seen being made by almost every manufacturer. It is now known as the “Pocket Kukri”.
It is because of its perfect size, the combination of steel and sharp edge and ability to fit inside a pocket; mobility, that made the knife more famous and higher on demand. It can also be used as a small cutting tool, a domestic utility knife and would come very handy in safari, trekking and for outdoors etc. Although it cannot be used for whacking due to its small size and it is made out of mild steel. It is equally good to give away as gifts and souvenirs to near and dear ones. Affordable price, handy size and more efficient in its own right makes the Biltong as one of the best sellers of all time.
The shape resembles the popular shape of the standard Gurkha Issue version the “Service No.1”. Biltong has a normal buffalo hide leather scabbard and a belt loop like in the big models is replicated.
(A customer can also order an unpolished version of the Biltong. Please mention it while ordering in the“Comment/Message Box/Field")
Size of blade: 5 inch
Materials: Water buffalo leather scabbard, Indian rosewood handle, steel blade Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 100
- Overall weight (gm): 125
- Shipping weight (gm): 300
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: MS
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 5
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Water buffalo leather
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: None
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Materials: steel
- Function: Trekking, Indoor, Gift, Stabbing