The Chainpur village in the Eastern part of Nepal where this knife is made has their own exclusive khukuri called the “ChainPure” named after their home village “ChainPur”. ChainPures go for a slimmer and lighter version rather than the heavy types since using and carrying works better and easier with it. Since a khukuri in a life of a rural farmer remains with him in most of his life and his livelihood a lighter, swifter and more mobile khukuri would make life and job easier. Moreover he is always overwhelmed with load so a light khukuri would not be a problem to carry along, this is the main theme of the ChainPurs’ ChainPure khukuri.
This typical village khukuri knife has a distinct notch unlike others. The open notch in most of the knives is discarded and instead made a see-through hole in the shape of a cow’s hoof, which is holy in Nepal. The hole or notch also symbolizes the “Symbol of Fertility” sign, when the blade is held upright - believed to be holy as it signifies the great lord “the Shiva”. Since all ChainPures are “Hindus” the unique and religious notch is believed to bring good luck, fortune, prosperity and salvation. A nozzle is also forged just in front of the notch to work as a blood dripper. A ChainPure khukuri is basically a domestic utility knife for the ChainPures, nonetheless having a blood dripper is no harm when blood really has to be shed.
The Chainpure also has a differently made handle. The regular metallic bolster is discarded and replaced by an ace-shaped keeper to secure the tang at the butt section. Fine contours of the handle also provide easy and strong hold.
The blade has beautiful patterns along the upper shoulder and has sharp (pointed) peak to match with the overall slender look (design) of the knife.
Light yet effective and efficient - less stressful, easier and faster handling - widely used for domestic and household purpose.
Size of blade: 10 inch
Materials: Water buffalo leather scabbard, Indian rosewood handle, 2 x small knives
Origin: Chainpur, far Eastern Nepal
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 450
- Overall weight (gm): 650
- Shipping weight (gm): 950
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Chainpur, far Eastern Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 8
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Water buffalo leather
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Domestic use, Regular Work, Military, Outdoor