ChainPure (Domestic) Khukuri
“ChainPure” named after their home village “ChainPur” this domestic kukris are slimmer and lighter version rather than the heavy types since using and carrying works better and easier with it. Since a khukuri in a life of a rural farmer remains with him in most of his life and his livelihood a lighter, swifter and more mobile khukuri would make life and job easier. Moreover he is always overwhelmed with load so a light khukuri would not be a problem to carry along, this is the main theme of the ChainPurs’ ChainPure khukuri.
This kukri has a modified notch, instead of a typical village kukri notch this one has a hole that has the shape of the cow hoof. Cow us holy in Nepal and there is a belief the hoof of a cow brings good luck and fortune. It also signifies the “Symbol of Fertility” when the blade is held upright. There is a nozzle just in front of the notch to work as a blood dripper. Though this is a domestic kukri but also can be used as utility knife in field and in jungle hence the blood dripper becomes essential. The blade has beautiful patterns along the upper shoulder and has sharp (pointed) peak to match the overall slender look of the knife. Light yet effective and efficient - less stressful, easier and faster handling - widely used for domestic and household purpose.
The handle of Chainpure domestic is made simple yet elegant. The butt cap is now replaced by an ace-shaped keeper to protect the tang at the butt section. The fine lines are carved on the handle for easy grip and elegant look.
Size of blade: 10 inch
Materials: Water buffalo leather scabbard, Indian rosewood handle, 2 x small knives
Origin: Chainpur, far Eastern Nepal
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 450
- Overall weight (gm): 650
- Shipping weight (gm): 950
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Chainpur, far Eastern Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 8
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Water buffalo leather
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Domestic use, Regular Work, Military, Outdoor
Give us your valuable review on our items.