Chitlange the Savior
History, Name and use of Chitlange Kukri
The name says it all; the knife belongs to the famous and beautiful “Chitlange” family and is built as a basic and necessary survival cutting tool for out in the jungle and its harshness. This 15” long bladed khukuri that offers maximum coverage (single clean stroke) supported by a very special and strong handle the “Panawal” (full flat tang with rivets) version, is the khukuri to be with in a situation where the nature displays her rage over mankind and when the wilderness reveals its reality. The only desire to survive and sustain when lost and lonely out in the wild is served by the “Chitlange the Savior” since it can aid the necessary survival activities needed to survive and adopt exceptionally well.
This is the newer, nicer and better version of the Chainpure khukuri and in fact of all the “Chitlanges”. The shape/design of the knife is made like that of the Chainpure, however with improved and superior execution. The forging of the blade with large bevel from the tip all the way down to the notch makes the kukri very special and rare, as this is a difficult process of crafting even for the skilled craftsman costing him more effort and time. The large elongated bevel is forged to withstand the hardest blow, deliver severe impact and to make cutting much easier and more effective. The bulky bevel also works as an "I Beam" system where it observes the impact and gives less tension to the blade and also cuts down unnecessary weight of the blade.
The handle is also adequately made for easier grip. The contour of the wooden handle is such that the best possible grip is offered by it. Its shape extends wider as it finishes towards the butt cap to facilitate an easy and effective grip.
The full flat tang of the blade goes all the way through the unique handle which is secured by rivets on both sides and further fixed by steel pommel. The flat tang can also been seen on the sides of the handle. Special attention and effort is given into the making of the handle to achieve maximum enduring strength and solid durability.
The buffalo leather case (scabbard) is given the newer and nicer touch too. The front body (Panel) of the scabbard is triangular which is the signature of a Chitlange khukuri. The hole in the ricasso, just above the nozzle of the blade is also the trademark of the khukuri. It signifies the footmark of a cow that is believed to be holy in Nepal. The metallic tip fixed in the scabbard gives protection and prettiness to the overall look of the knife.
15" bladed Chitlange the Savior is a lethal all rounder; a combo of ATTACKING + DEFENDING weapon.
Size of blade: 15 inch approx.
Size of handle: 6 inch approx.
Materials / Features:
- Special water buffalo leather scabbard,
- Large effectual bevel polished blade,
- Hollow grinded panel for right weight and feel,
- Indian rosewood full flat tang riveted handle,
- Double pattern in blade and Cross pattern in fixture and handle,
- 2 x special small knives
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 850
- Overall weight (gm): 1150
- Shipping weight (gm): 1650
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Chainpur, far Eastern Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 9.5
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Special water buffalo leather
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Hollow
- Function: Stabbing, Lethal, Combat, Jungle warfare, Show Piece, Regular Work, Attacking
Write a Review
Give us your valuable review on our items.
FAN of KHHI!
I am just writing to you to thank you for my wonderful Khukri order - The Chitlange saviour 15"! I have just received it and it is in reality a really beautiful khukri knife! The workmanship is astoundingly good and of a very high quality!
I am very thrilled and very happy to have purchased it for my collection.
You guys are the best! Thank you for the brilliant customer care - NAMASTE!
Most appreciatively and a great.
FAN of KHHI!
QL6476 P1, South Africa
Date:Graeme Germond South Africa