Churi (The Knife)
Churi in Nepalese means 'Knife', used as a domestic or outdoor cutting tool..
Churi (The Knife)
It is one of the new items introduced by Khukuri House Handicraft Industry under this category. It is actually a copied version of a famous knife made on demand by some regular customers. It has also been made by KHHI to exhibit the skill and standard of the company as one of the best knives makers. The usefulness of this knife goes from domestic to jungle warfare to safari to tactical.
'Churi' in Nepalese means 'Knife'. It literally means a domestic or household cutting too. Nonetheless, it also comes very handy for trekking and traveling. The 5 inch high carbon blade has about 5 inch long full flat tang that goes all the way through the wooden handle. The tang is further riveted to strengthen the handle. 'Churi' comes with a special embossed buffalo leather scabbard with belt loop at the back to prevent scratches etc while drawing in and out. A small leather loop is also made to go around the handle to hold it firmly once the knife is tucked in.
'Churi' knife is a complete and compact mini utility tool at its very best. A metallic chape is fitted to prevent the naked scabbard’s tip from penetrating flesh and also to protect the scabbard. It also gives a fine look to the knife.
Size of blade: 5 inch
Materials: Water buffalo leather scabbard, Riveted flat full tang Indian rosewood handle
Origin: KHHI, KTM Nepal
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 275
- Overall weight (gm): 325
- Shipping weight (gm): 525
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 52100
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 5
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Water buffalo leather
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: None
- Edge grinding: Dual
- Edge Hardness: 52-54 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Slope
- Function: Trekking, Indoor, Defending, Gift, Domestic use, Hunting, Outdoor
Give us your valuable review on our items.
I would like to thank the KAMI Ajay who made my Churi, I know it will serve me well. The overall quality is very high, thick spine, well balanced, sharpens well, holds an edge and is heavy. It chops and slices vegetables and meat very well. It also cuts through small tree branches, vines, rope and everything else I have needed to cut easily. The rosewood handle is comfortable in the hand and the sheath is beautiful. It was so pretty that I was afraid to use it because I didn't want to scratch the blade. It is truly a work of art and Ajay is an excellent craftsman. If anyone is looking for a great handmade camping or bushcraft knife this is what you want. I will surely be telling all my friends about your knives and will be ordering another one soon. Thanks again and have a nice day.
Date: 23rd December, 2019
Kory Barnes Texas, USA