dbad OEF Defender; a knife of many eras...
Designed by YouTube knife reviewer Donnie B All Day, comes a blade that is truly a Gurkha meets Sparta inspired masterpiece. Long new and old school lines pair up together to form the most formidable fighting knife on the market today.
Words from the designer himself >>
Another collaboration piece with The Khukuri House in Nepal, KHHI. I came up with a new design and I called it the DBAD OEF DEFENDER. I gave them specs, told them what I wanted, drew it up, I made a beautiful diagram, and they masterly made it happen. I designed it to make it an ultimate fighting knife.
What's so special about the blade?
It is a handcrafted 52100 steel. The full tang length of 16.25" is fit with an 11" perfectly heat treated blade. The speared tip floats downward From the spine giving it an unequaled combat swing. With a wedged tip, penetration through your target in nearly unnoticed. The edge is super sharp and the upper edge is 90% sharp and because its a fighter it needs to have a backslash. A heavy type for heavy impact and deadly inflict..
Why use a kukri style grip?
The kukri grip is tried and tested. This style and shape of the handle are Battle prepared and confidently gripped. When something works so well for so long, choosing another grip style wasn't even a thought. The handle is designed to be 100% like a traditional khukuri made of white wood pinned (dotted) and true full tang and u can see the tapering in the tang, the reason to do so if left same thick like in the spine, the rear would be too heavy for the front, the balance would be thrown off. These guys know how to do taper in the blade and scales, it looks almost invisible and perfectly done; to give you a perfect balance on the blade.
Why traditional style leather sheath?
Handmade leather sheath beautifully made, you have your leg tie, frog on, and it is wood on the inside leather-wrapped, I went on with the TAN, since its OEF defender; my operation enduring freedom fighting knife, that I wish I had in Afghanistan. These sheaths have been practically tested and used for centuries as khukuri sheaths, easily available materials, made locally by real people with the hand; are budget-friendly and durable too.
a custom Dbad OEF Defender ordered by a customer from USA. He was super happy!!
Donnie B, explaining the design, features & testing the knife >>
- Actual Weight (gm): 700
- Overall weight (gm): 850
- Shipping weight (gm): 1250
- Blade finishing: Unpolished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 52100
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Blade thickness (mm): 7
- Handle finishing: Unpolished
- Sheath: Black Leather
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Dual
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Scandi
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]