Dhankute kukri with horn handle & national symbols embossed on the horn scabbard
A village kukri with pride!
'Dhankute Kukri' belongs to small town “Dhankuta” in eastern part of Nepal is famous not only for local khukuri Dhankute but for its scenic beauty, diverse culture and amazing people with god gifted skill to make handmade items.
Dhankute Horn is a traditional kukri, made for working purpose but with horn handle and beautifully carved scabbard it is better fitted for decoration. The sheath that is made out of horn is embossed with national symbols and carries the pride of its country.
National symbols that are made from expensive metallic sheets like brass or white metal or sometimes silver are crafted to make national monograms like Kings Crown (Shree-pech), national bird (Danfe), national flower (Laligurans), national fish (Aasla), Gurkha insignia (khukuri cross), sign of a temple (Pashupati chaana), the holy sword (Trishul) etc. The main objective of making this kukri is to compose the kukri to represent Nepal, to project its sovereignty, culture, tradition and the unique work of art from Nepal.
Dhankute has lighter and slimmer blade than other army kukris however the type of blade comes both in Chainpure and Sirupate type. The standard size of blade is 9inch however it also depends entirely on the size of the natural horn available when making the kukri considering the handle and the sheath to be made in horn.
This kukri is truly work of an art, a kukri that signifies the fine craftsmanship of Nepalese people, and the love for kukri evermore. 'Dhankute Horn (National Symbol)' kukri can be used as display item ; the same as well as play (use) the knife for any cutting activities for any domestic purposes.
(Please be notified that national symbols mentioned above or depicted in the photo may differ with some orders)
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 350
- Overall weight (gm): 550
- Shipping weight (gm): 850
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Dhankuta, Eastern Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 7
- Handle finishing: polish
- Sheath: Buffalo Horn
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Decoration, Indoor, Gift, Show Piece, Collection, Regular Work
Give us your valuable review on our items.