Overall length: 610mm
Weight: 900 grams
Blade length: 430mm (17 inches) to guard
Blade width: 42mm
Spine thickness: 8mm at bolster, 2mm at tip.
Handle length:190mm from guard.
Handle width: 30mm (32mm and 35mm at swell points)
"Echo"- the predator sword khukuri, is a true east meets west blade. Designed by Daniel Murray-Lake to be a savage bush blade and a brutal weapon, when needed.
The primary focus with Echo is in being a powerful and durable bush blade, capable of felling small trees, splitting them down and processing for either firewood or shelter. Capable of battoning and digging when required.
The extra long full tang handle featuring Daniel's solar wheel cross keeper plate allows for one or two handed operation allowing the user a larger variety of grips and access to both power and control as needed depending on what the task requires.
As the main blade is quite large, a smaller blade was needed to allow for the finer utility work. The Karda is perfect for carving, meal preparation and other utility tasks. A Chakmak was fashioned out of a file for honing both the main blade and the Karda and also for fire making by striking flint or quartz along it's spine for sparks.
Finally, an outstanding feature of this design is it's Ambidextrous sheath. This allows for left or right handed carry and also for ambidextrous back carry with the optional accessory.
Whether in the forest, Jungle, mountains or combat, Echo is prepared for them all as a complete and functional package.
Watch the unboxing and initial testing by designer himself :
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 885
- Overall weight (gm): 1100
- Shipping weight (gm): 1700
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Back up knife
- Blade thickness (mm): 5.5
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Special black leather
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
Give us your valuable review on our items.
Date: 8th October, 2019
I got my Predator yesterday 6/13/19. It did take a while but it was worth the wait. I have not done a official test on him yet but --(LOL)-- I have done some Pruning of a tree. He is light for his size and handles VERY nicely. I am very very happy with my Predator. I have about 6 blades I need to do a review on but need to finish setting up my course. So more to come. If there are any of you sitting on the fence about getting a Predator. GET YOUR ASS OFF THE FENCE. Its worth every penny. You will not regret it.
Date: 15th June, 2019
David Ferguson USA