ECHO the Predator kukri-sword
With the terrorism and tyrants all round you, get armed and dangerous now. SURVIVE and SAVE..
Aggressive Kukri-Sword I lethal, handy, safe to carry.. give nightmares to your enemies..
Overall length: 610mm
Weight: 885 grams
Blade length: 430mm (17 inches) to guard
Blade width: 42mm
Spine thickness: 8mm at bolster, 2mm at tip.
Handle length:190mm from guard.
Handle width: 30mm (32mm and 35mm at swell points)
"Echo"- the predator sword khukuri, is a true EAST meets WEST blade. Designed by Daniel Murray-Lake from Australia to be a savage bush blade and a brutal weapon, when needed. The primary focus with Echo is in being a powerful and durable bush blade, capable of felling small trees, splitting them down and processing for either firewood or shelter. Capable of battening and digging when required. The extra long full tang handle featuring Daniel's solar wheel cross keeper plate allows for one or two handed operation allowing the user a larger variety of grips and access to both power and control as needed depending on what the task requires. Meanwhile the "S" guard adds beauty but more importantly gives protection to the user's hand for tension free swings.
The blade is full 17" long that is forged with moderate curved profile to cut and perform better. The sweet spot is well exposed which makes so much easier to cut and the straightness also makes stabbing easier. The reach of the blade is well suited for any kind of combative hand to hand situations. Hence the blade can be aggressively used (attacking and defending). The unique fullers in the blade works as stress reliever for the blade (edge), cuts down weight to give balance feel and is also a signature look of the kukri.
As the main blade is quite large, a smaller blade was needed to allow for the finer utility work. The Karda is perfect for carving, meal preparation and other utility tasks. A Chakmak was fashioned out of a file for honing both the main blade and the Karda and also for fire making by striking flint or quartz along it's spine for sparks.
Finally, an outstanding feature of this design is it's Ambidextrous sheath (See photos carefully). This allows for left or right handed carry and also for ambidextrous back carry with the optional accessory. It is definitely one complicated sheath adpoted by Khukuri House (KHHI nepal) but worth by every bit.
Whether in the forest, Jungle, mountains or combat, Echo is prepared for them all as a complete and functional package.
Watch the unboxing and initial testing by designer himself :
- Actual Weight (gm): 885
- Overall weight (gm): 1100
- Shipping weight (gm): 1700
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Back up knife
- Blade thickness (mm): 8
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Special black leather
- Released date of KHHI Nepal: 2018-09-21
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]