Gaule Khukuri (Nepali Heritage)
We proudly present the heritage of Nepal, the Gaule khukuri, Blade at its purest form and deliverance at its best...
Gaule, a Nepali heritage khukuri that is a pride of the nation and a bladesmithing that has come a very long way...
This is exactly what you would find in the far rural of Nepal where facility and accessibility is quite limited. It’s the heart and soul of the people, that has been the primary tool of our ancestors for generations.
The GAULE khukuri offered here is a typical village khukuri not only in terms of features but also in how it is made and presented. Amongst the various models made in remote places, we have chosen a popular one that is widely used for regular and heavy duty cutting works performed by the locals to go about their daily routine.
Gaule simply means "from village" and its allies for people & products.
How its made?
Primitive Making; a method that requires heart, soul, time, and skill...
Here the better part is, “The Khukuri House” has adopted the exact same method of Making the Khukuri practiced by the rural Kamis that has been handed down from one generation to another. The objective is to convey a genuine feeling of a typical village khukuri that has been a major part of Nepalese history and culture. The modern filtrations and techniques have been completely avoided to keep the khukuri as neat and pure as it has always been in the past.
PERFECT, IDEAL, and BALANCED WEIGHT Khukuri (a bit on the heavier side as that's what the villagers' prefer); great for both, LIGHT and HEAVY cutting works... Not too light nor too heavy; approximately 750 grams / 1.54 pounds.
- 12” long suitable and useful
- around 65mm robust structure for solid swing and better impact
- 7-8mm thick spine; board, powerful and durable
- Full flat steep blade ground for deep impact and deadly penetration
- Faster result (outcome) due to his natural blows powered by its weight
- 5.5” (overall) typical kukri feature (profile) for comfortable and sturdy grip
- Rosewood handle with matt finishing for classic look, great retention, and toughness
- Thick metallic fixture (bolster and butt cap) for strength and authentic look
- Full tang stick version; very durable and provides strong forward swing
SHEATH: NOT included in the price. Choose what you prefer from the ADD-ONS segment above.
A blade that is a sort of lifeline to speak, for the people in the hilly regions of Nepal. A Khukuri used by our ancestors that is the foundation of all modern khukuris.
Some photos depicting how khukuri is connected to the rural village, its people, their lifestyle; creating a heritage in itself >>