The JD Tanto
A modern style Tanto with Japanese influence combined with the solidity of an American style Bowie... A Hybrid is Born !!
the JD Tanto, Long Knife like a Sword; Light, Lethal & Sharp; creative & artistic
The JD Tanto, designed by Joe Lav. of You Tube’s Steel Forged in Fire sword & Knife. It is a collaboration effort with knife designer, Donnie b all day also of YouTube fame.
“I visualized a tanto of Japanese influence, a modern style tanto if you would. Combined with the solidity of an American style Bowie and created from the masters of KHHI Nepal. A fierce, slicing 5160 High Carbon Steel Blade with the perfect amount of Sori (blade curvature). A commanding, expertly, leather wrapped, rose wood handle of 7 inches around a Solid Full tang 13-inch monster blade. The hard wood core, genuine leather sheath has a beautiful red leather wrapping for Japanese aesthetics and fits the blade perfectly. Thanks to the final touches of Donnie, this large knife is extremely well balanced and maneuverable in the hand and very comfortable to use.”
The JD Tanto is tantalizing to the senses and made for real deal use. It would be my honor for you to own one. Very special thanks to Donnie b all day and KHHI for helping bring this beauty to life.
Features of JD Tanto as designed:
- Overall Length: 20 inches (13inch Blade + 7 inch handle); handforged and well heat treated, paper cutting sharp with rounded spin and fullers
- 7 mm thick and 2 inch widest point
- Full tang with pinned rounded Rosewood scales and glued down leather wrap
- Steel pommel and welded guard
- Traditional leather Sheath, wood wrapped in black leather, with a touch of JAP Samurai style red leather wrapping
- 'JD Tanto' embossed steel plate on the sheath
- Rattle snake tail attachment in lanyard hole for classy and unique look
Review video from Joe (Designer) himself