Jungle XTRA (Woodlander)
Has the ability and potential to tackle any situation - good, bad, worst; expected, sudden, immediate that the user may come across..
Jungle XTRA (Woodlander) khukuri [mother + baby duo]
Let the subject speak for itself than the words…
It’s a jungle friendly extra special kukri knife designated for all out jungle warfare and survival technique. The blade, handle and fixtures are all made in such a fashion that it would support and boost outdoor activities and tasks. Moreover, the inclusion of a special mini back up knife further makes the knife extra special and superior than its counterparts. Both the mother and baby knives are very functional and would come very useful in any expected and unforeseen situation, and also in various conditions/terrains.
What makes this jungle kukri so XTRA?
The blade is built only 9.5 inch long for easier carriage, yet has a good range that is fully polished to prevent from rusting and to work as a reflector (mirror) as well. The blade's weight is on the heavier side which gives easier and faster results. The edge angle is steep hence stronger that not only cuts but splits at the same time. A true hacker in every sense.
The handle has Vertical Guard for protection, Finger Grips (curvatures) for comfortable/firm grip and “L-key” system for extra strength and durability. The traditional khukuri shape handle is adapted for easier and better (firm) grip.
The B-up knife on the other hand is 3inch long bladed (100 gms approx. weight) fitted by a very “easy-to-handle” wooden handle to perform small tasks and games that may not be possible thru the mother blade. Its finishing is also highly polished for easy maintenance and smart look.
So lastly, the summary is: Jungle XTRA (Woodlander) is an all out all purpose jungle utility knife that has the ability and potential to tackle any situation - good, bad, worst; expected, sudden, immediate that the user may come across when he is out there alone in the unfamiliar and unforgiving territories.
Blade size: 9.5 inches approx.
Handle size: 4.5-5 inches approx.
Blade Thickness: 8 mm approx.
Weight: 685 gms approx. (Blade+Handle)
Materials / Features: Black leather sheath, Hard wooden handle (saaj), 52100 steel, metal fixtures, L-key system, mirror polished
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal (Released on 12th June 2015)
- Actual Weight (gm): 685
- Overall weight (gm): 900
- Shipping weight (gm): 1325
- Blade finishing: Mirror
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 52100
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Back up knife
- Blade thickness (mm): 8
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Black leather
- Released date of KHHI Nepal: 2015-06-12
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Trekking, Defending, Hunting, Fighting, Outdoor, Regular Work
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]