name chosen to denote the kukri’s supremacy as a lethal weapon of art and artillery..
Kali-Astra (Nemesis) ; kukri of art and artillery.. << 2019 New Release >>
KHHI Nepal is extremely proud to carry this product in its vast online category. After much brain strumming, hard work, expertise, trial and error, and of course the amazing skill of the maker the “Kali-Astra (Nemesis)” is finally materialized. We have made sure that the knife is 100% complete in itself from all angles and delivers better than the best outcome. Its easiest to handle and best to carry for anything and everything. A performer and a show stopper.
Giving the name >>
The name follows after the ferocious goddess “Kali Mata” who single handedly slaughtered thousands of danavs (devils and demons) and save the world from their deadly seize. Astra means weapon in Sanskrit. The title “Nemesis” as per its meaning is the beginning of end of anything, an element that the knife carries within that serves her user. This broad hypothesis name was chosen through facebook post by Khukuri House, Nepal from various names suggested by the FB users. Finally the name “Kali-Astra (Nemesis)” was chosen to denote the kukri’s supremacy as a lethal weapon of art and artillery.
Major features of Kali-Astra kukri >>
- 13” bladed aggressive blade profile for both; CUT and STAB
- Deep cylindrical bevel to inflict and destroy
- “Raw” black finishing for the Kali’s look and extra power
- Brass fixtures for easy maintenance and great/unique look
- Guard for protection, to keep hand away from the sharp edge of the blade
- Pommel for pounding and for counter balance hence great feel
- Ridges in handle for strong and secure grip (handling)
- Modern ergonomic handle for best possible holding
Extra feature extra power; Nemesis comes with a special back up knife for small games and performance that may not be possible from the mother blade. This forward thrusting blade profile knife having a paracord wrapped assists the user in all sorts of activities that require sharp edge. The 4” utility knife, mirror polished blade having 3” handle, weighing around 85 gms is itself a complete knife on its own which can be carried solo from the default frog. Both blades back up one another very well making life easier for the carrier. Both blades are hand forged and made from high carbon 5160 steel by Khukuri House's best kami (maker).
** VARIANTS AVAILABLE IN 15" (large), 11" (medium) and 9" (small) BLADE SIZE **
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 680
- Overall weight (gm): 950
- Shipping weight (gm): 1400
- Blade finishing: RAW
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Back up knife
- Blade thickness (mm): 6
- Handle finishing: Unpolished
- Sheath: Brown Leather
- Released date of KHHI Nepal: 2019-08-15
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
Give us your valuable review on our items.
so far I am very happy
My Nemesis arrived today and so far I am very happy with it. It truly is a work of art. Its very lively in the hand and just plain feels good. Its of course very sharp, fit and finish looks great, sheath and the smaller knife are also very good looking and with good fit and finish. Now I need to go out and hit something with it :)) Good job guys. Thank you and keep up the good work
Dave from Victor MT USA
Date: 6th August, 2020
David Ferguson Victor Montana USA
supersedes my expectations
I have finally received the knife today - due to strict German custom procedures. During my life - as a knife lover I have to admit - I have owned and own many knifes. This Kukri is a work of Art, it is hard to describe. The Nemesis supersedes my expectations.It arrived as order including my customized wishes, very good packed and oiled for transportation. A well forged blade with a full tang, sharp blade and a very well designed sheath and supporting knife. I strongly recommend KHHI for everyone who is interested in high quality knifes. There are still 4 knifes by my own design on the way, I have full trust in KHHI to meet my expectations again. The Nemesis and the others - I will write a review as soon as I have them - will take a special place in my collection, and they will not be the last ones I ordered.
My thanks to the Kami who uses the Initial "N", well done, please keep up your good work. Special thanks to SLT and his team for the excellent communication and processing of this order. It is a pleasure working with KHHI. Next time I will be in India / Nepal I will certainly visit KHHI, I would like to see your production site at work in real life. I rate the knife 10/10 points.
Date: 3rd August, 2020
Rolf Kuessner Germany
sales ID QL6902
Got my blades yesterday. They are perfect, especially the Kali Astra made my day. It is the best ! Give my thanks to the makers. I am proud to own their creations. On another note, The shipment was addressed to someone named Michael and not to my name. The email address and phone numbers were correct on the AWB. Anyway all worked out and I got the shipment. Thank you for your help,
Date: 11th March, 2020
Antis Treebhobun Mauritius
New best yet blade
Date: 9th October, 2019