Kothimora 10" (Precious) khukuri with pure SILVER sheath
Kothimora is a precious khukuri as its sheath is molded with pure silver. The history of Kothimora dates back to mid eighteen hundreds when Kings and Generals of Gorkha owned it to reflect their rank, status and authority. People from upper class and high ranked officers owned kothimora decorated with gold, precious stones, ivory and diamonds sometimes to demonstrate who is in command. They were of course bigger and had complex ornamental and decorated stuffs. The one offered here is however a modern version whose trend started from 1950's.
Along with one's display of social standard and status a Kothimora is also worn by a bridegroom in his ceremonial marriage dress. This comes as a part of culture to denote that he is man enough and an honorable person to undertake this lifetime event. The khukuri also carries the prestige and honor of his entire family. He proudly wears it on his shas and carries throughout the whole procession.
This Kothimora Kukri has a 10 inch long blade and thus the name. The case is exclusively designed using pure silver filigree with top quality velvet background. Different beautiful patterns are carved in the scabbard depicting cultural and traditional values using only conventional tools. As mentioned above, it is a very special and old type of kukri widely used for ceremonies and given as gifts to mark one’s respect and appreciation. The kukri blade is still very much usable as it is made from the same steel and by the same method as any working kukri knives. If you are to put a leather sheath then it transfers into a perfect working knife.
Kothimora 10” is also a excellent displayable, a exquisite craftsmanship to adore and adorn. The blade is highly polished along with its handle (buffalo horn), well polished to complement with its very attractive silver scabbard. Gurkhas also use this khukuri for various official occasions especially in farewell and honoring ceremonies. The receiver is gifted a Kothimora khukuri to mark his deed, contribution and achievement. This army tradition/customary has been going on for decades to present each departing soldier/officer with a Kothimora khukuri with his regiment's badge mounted on the sheath.
The price also includes Display Stand
AVAILABLE COLORS: BRIGHT RED, MAROON RED, ROYAL BLUE, DARK GREEN, PITCH BLACK
Size of Blade: 10 inches approx.
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 525
- Overall weight (gm): 700
- Shipping weight (gm): 1000
- Blade finishing: Mirror
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Dharan, Eastern Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 8.5
- Handle finishing: Polish
- Sheath: Pure silver
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Decoration, Gift, Show Piece, Collection, Military
Give us your valuable review on our items.