Kothimora 10" (Precious)
Kothimora is a precious kukri as its sheath is molded with pure silver. The history of Kothimora dates back to mid eighteen hundreds when Kings and Generals of Gorkha possessed kothimora to reflect their rank, status and authority. People from very high ranks owned kothimora decorated with gold, precious stones, ivory and diamonds sometimes to demonstrate who is in command.
Along with the status that needed to be shown with Kothimora, it was also the part of tradition for bridegroom to wear with his ceremonial dress. The kukri on his shas would also depict the status of the bridegroom.
This Kothimora Kukri has a 10 inch long blade and thus the name. The case is exclusively designed using pure silver filigree with top quality velvet background. Different beautiful patterns are carved in the scabbard depicting cultural and traditional values using only domestic tools. As mentioned above, it is a very special and old type of kukri widely used for ceremonies and given as gifts to mark one’s respect and appreciation.
Kothimora 10” is also a perfect displayable to be with, at your home, office or where you love being most of the time. The blade is highly polished and handle made from horn handle and polished to complement with its very attractive silver scabbard.
The price also includes Display Stand
AVAILABLE COLORS: BRIGHT RED, MAROON RED, ROYAL BLUE, DARK GREEN, PITCH BLACK
Size of Blade: 10 inches approx.
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 525
- Overall weight (gm): 700
- Shipping weight (gm): 1000
- Blade finishing: Mirror
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Dharan, Eastern Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 8.5
- Handle finishing: Polish
- Sheath: Pure silver
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Decoration, Gift, Show Piece, Collection, Military