KOTHIMORA 8inch (Worthy)
kukri having silver scabbard that has a special place and value in Nepalese culture and society...
Kothimora Kukri (Worthy)
The exclusive silver scabbard with beautiful carvings makes Kothimora stand out from the rest. Kothimora were actually known as “Kothi-Moda” during 18th century which means molding in and around the chape portion of the scabbard. The silver was found appropriate to mould better and precious to make it as a gift item, it was extensively used and has set its name in the highest of decorative and gift items in kukri. The name that signifies its worth still continues to awe the admirers.
Kothimora is traditionally inclined to the Nepalese world. It is worn as a part of the bridegroom’s ceremonial dress which is done in a belief that the khukuri would safeguard him and protect his new family from evils. The legendary customary in British Gurkhas of giving away souvenir pieces to retiring officers for their loyalty and service is only completed by a Kothimora.
8inch Kothimora Kukri (Worthy)
This 'Kothimora 8” (Worthy)' kukri has an 8 inch long blade and thus the name. The case is exclusively designed using pure silver filigree with top quality velvet background. Different beautiful patterns are carved in the scabbard depicting cultural and traditional values using only domestic tools. As mentioned above, it is a very special and old type of kukri widely used for ceremonies and given as gifts to mark one’s respect and appreciation.
Unlike its sibling, the 10 inch version, this 8 inch Kothimora is smaller and hence require a small room for display and transport. Since silver is an expensive material, the small size of Kothimora 8” makes it cost-effective and simply affordable. Kothimora 8” kukri is a perfect displayable to be with, at your home, office or where you love being most of the time.
The blade is highly polished and handle made from horn handle and polished to complement with its very attractive silver scabbard.
Price includes: Display Stand (Tree Branch Display Stand)
Available Colors: Bright Red, Maroon Red, Royal Blue, dark Green, Pitch Black
Size of Blade: 8 inches
Materials / Features: Pure silver scabbard, water buffalo horn handle, Korean velvet, 2 x small knives
Origin: Dharan, Eastern Nepal
*Please be notified that all our Kothimora khukuris are made from PURE SILVER. We DO NOT use white metal and claim its silver like our competitors*
- Actual Weight (gm): 325
- Overall weight (gm): 500
- Shipping weight (gm): 800
- Blade finishing: Mirror
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Dharan, Eastern Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 8
- Handle finishing: Polish
- Sheath: Pure silver
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Materials: Korean velvet
- Function: Decoration, Gift, Show Piece, Collection
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]