Kothimora White (Peace) Khukuri/ Kukri Knife
What is Kothimora ?
Kothimora in strict khukuri term means khukuri knife having silver scabbard. It is a khukuri that has a special place and value in Nepalese culture and society. The exclusive silver scabbard with beautiful carvings in it also makes this khukuri a first choice gift to express one’s appreciation and gratefulness amongst Nepalese especially the Gurkhas (Nepalese in Army).
History of Kothimora and its significance:
The history of the knife dates back to mid eighteen hundreds when Kings and Generals of Gorkha possessed kothimora to reflect their rank, status and authority (many historic paintings also show this). Kothimora then were actually known as “Kothi-Moda”, which in Nepalese literature means molding in and around the chape portion of the scabbard; Kothi - Chape, Moda - to Mould. Since silver turned out to be the best materials amongst the selected and gave a precious and distinct look to the khukuri, it was extensively used; the trend that exists till today. However Kothimodas then were much different than present ones and were longer as well.
Kothimora in Nepalese culture :
Kothimora khukuri is worn as a part of bridegroom’s ceremonial dress in Nepalese marriage custom. The bridegroom tucks his khukuri in his sash and keeps it throughout the ceremony. This is done in a belief that the khukuri would safe guard him and protect his new family from evils, sins and bad spirit. The khukuri also fill in for him in his absence in ritual practices.
This Kothimora khukuri (White) is identical to a standard Kothimoras however with white/cream color theme to represent and convey the powerful message of white of peace, love and friendship, and thus is named so. Since white color brings peace and pleasant, and simplicity is the biggest asset of it the white theme/background has been opted for the khukuri to resemble the very same. It is a simple khukuri yet with a powerful message of peace, friendship and hope. A Kothimora khukuri exclusive white background is made from rexin (artificial leather) which comes as an added feature that can be neatly cleaned incase of getting dirty. This will keep the silvered scabbard fresh and fine all the time. The white/cream wooden handle that perfectly matches the white silver scabbard. White background with white handle followed by the adornment of silver (naturally white) give a unique and elegant blend and look of simplicity yet style of its own - spreading the powerful message of peace, friendship and harmony.
A perfect displayable and gift to all those who love and long for peace; for those who really care.
A free Tree Branch stand is included in the cost.
Size of blade: 10 inch spprox.
Materials: Pure silver scabbard, white Indian rosewood handle, rexin (artificial washable leather), 2 x small knives
*Please be notified that all our Kothimora khukuris are made from PURE SILVER. We DO NOT use white metal and claim its silver like our competitors
Shipment Package includes :
- Main kukri with silver scabbard, 2 x small knives, Tree Branch stand
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 525
- Overall weight (gm): 700
- Shipping weight (gm): 950
- Blade finishing: Mirror
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 8.5
- Handle finishing: Semi-Polish
- Sheath: Pure silver
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: White Metal
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Decoration, Gift, Show Piece, Collection
Give us your valuable review on our items.