Mini 3 Chirra Champ
It is a mini and modified version of the famous 3 Chirra (Beast) model. With the success story of the 3 Chirra (Three Fullers in blade) kukri spreading far and beyond KHHI is excited, encouraged and proposed to come with a smaller and improved model of it and thus as a result, Mini 3 Chirra (Champ) was created.
The blade has three fullers (Chirras) forged to show the unique craftsmanship and more importantly to withstand and support the impact/pressure felt by the blade while using/striking. The blade is highly polished to prevent from rusting and for easy maintenance. The traditional notch is removed to give a modern and distinct look. The handle on the other hand is totally unpolished to provide better non-slip sturdy grip. It is made from brown Indian rosewood and fixture adapted is the FFT riveted (Full Flat Tang) version. It means the material is the strongest and system used is the most secured one. The outcome thus would be a very long-term handle that would withstand years of hard use and abuse. The top portion of the metallic butt cap is fully rounded to prevent from pricking into the flesh when holding the knife. Green leather is used to produce the sheath to give a matching look and to perfectly suit the black horn handle. A lanyard loop is also fitted in the tip of the sheath to accommodate a leather thigh string.
Lastly, Champ is an all rounder all purpose utility and personal knife. Be it in your house or around, or out in woods or in the deep dense forest like that of the Amazon, or in the high heel of your motherland or in the flat rough terrain of the enemy’s land, or to kill or save, or to cut or to hack, the Champ will surpass all challenges that it is made to face against.
Blade size: 9 inches
Handle Size: 4.5 inches approx.
Blade Thickness: 8.5 mm approx.
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
Materials / features: Green leather scabbard with lanyard loop, FFT riveted brown Indian rosewood having rounded butt cap handle, Highly polished blade
:::: Please be notified that due to severe scarcity of HORN in the market, its constant rising price and now it being banned by the Indian Govt. we are compelled to replace the horn handle of this khukuri/knife by Brown Indian Rosewood handle, unlike as shown in the photo with effective from 26th May 2013 onwards only ::::
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 625
- Overall weight (gm): 750
- Shipping weight (gm): 1050
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 8.5
- Handle finishing: Unpolished
- Sheath: Green leather scabbard with lanyard loop
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Chirra
- Function: Heavy Duty, Domestic use, Defending, Collection, Trekking
Give us your valuable review on our items.
sales id 20727
The knives are just as expected. Perfect.
I was hoping to buy a "raw" Champ as a personal defence weapon for my son who is serving abroad but you don't offer it. Perhaps later?
Otherwise no complaints at all.
Date: 31st October, 2018
Andrew Gardner North Yorkshire, United Kingdom