Mini Jungle Kukri (Dragon)
Dragon:: Hand carvings is quite famous in Nepal, be it dragon engraving on kukri blade, on woods or on stones. The carvings are the income source for many Nepalese especially people belonging to Newar Community. The dragon engraved on Mini Jungle is completely done with hand using very basic tools and it takes almost a week to complete the carving on one standard blade. It takes lot of effort in carving and need detailed work with precision.
A mini sized khukuri either be it for household purpose or outdoor activities or even for jungle warfare. The khukuri knife is intentionally reduced in size so carrying, using and working is easier, swifter and less tiring. Since the knife comes highly useful in jungle and outdoor activities that involves cutting and surviving the name Mini Jungle adequately defines its worthy name.
Mini Jungle dragon is a basic knife with very simply features. It is one of the most common knives in Nepal that is in very good demand as a trekking and outdoor utility knife. Simple yet style of its own makes the knife popular among the buyers and users. Gurkhas who’d like to travel light or carry something light yet equally effective also go for the Mini Jungle for accomplishing their military training and exercises. Mini Jungles also make very good gifts and a classic souvenir to take back home from Nepal. Boys and men, both, would get fond of the knife and would want more of it in no time.
Mini Jungle dragon kukri comes with a regular polished blade and polished Indian rosewood handle. The black normal (buffalo hide) leather scabbard is secured with brass tip and has two small accompanying knives; the Karda (small knife) and Chakmak (sharpener).
Size of blade: 8 inch approx.
Materials: Water buffalo leather scabbard, Indian rosewood handle, 2 x small knives
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 325
- Overall weight (gm): 475
- Shipping weight (gm): 725
- Blade finishing: Mirror
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Dharan, Eastern Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 8
- Handle finishing: Polish
- Sheath: Water buffalo leather scabbard
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Features: utility knife
- Function: Decoration, Gift, Show Piece, Collection, Regular Work
Give us your valuable review on our items.
Date: 27th February, 2019
Patrick Chargo 188 West Spruce