Mini Raw Panawal (Useful)
It is a mini version of the famous “Raw Panawal (Workhorse)” khukuri and thus the name. The great success story of the Raw Panawal Khukuri and its demand by customers to make in a shorter and more handier format led to the manufacturing of this 7 inch bladed very useful “Mini Raw Panawal”. It is a very regular khukuri but very effective and efficient that is preferred by many as a perfect mini cutting tool. Like its origin counterpart, Mini Raw Panawal has a thick fat blade forged with a semi-fuller/chirra that is fixed with a plain full flat tang riveted handle (Panawal version) designed for power and durability. It is one superb mini heavy duty kukri that is a very useful survival tool and a domestic knife.
Blade:: 7 inch (small version), Semi-fuller/chirra for strength and to reduce unnecessary mass/weight, RAW (black) finishing to retain hardness/power, thick blade (8mm) for heavy duty work
Handle:: 4.5 inch Panawal version (Full Flat Tang with Twin Rivets) for durability and hardcore usage, plain basic design for easier grip, thick bolster and pommel
Sheath:: Normal black leather with vertical carriage frog, lanyard loop tip to facilitate thigh cord
Blade size: 7 inches approx.
Handle size: 4.5 inches approx.
Blade Thickness: 8 mm approx.
Weight: 450 gms approx. (Blade+Handle)
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal (released on 6th Feb 2015)
Materials / Features:
- Black leather sheath,
- Hard wooden handle (saaj),
- 5160 Raw semi fuller/chirra blade
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 450
- Overall weight (gm): 550
- Shipping weight (gm): 1500
- Blade finishing: RAW
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 8
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Black leather
- Released date of KHHI Nepal: 2015-02-06
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Chirra
- Function: Trekking, Indoor, Domestic use, Outdoor, Regular Work
Give us your valuable review on our items.
Excellent - second order
I ordered three knives (see previous review) for my daughter and a friend and finally gave in and ordered one for myself. Shipping time was very quick - within two weeks and the knife arrived 4 days early. The knife is perfect! The size and balance of this model are both excellent. While small, it still has plenty of authority for trimming small branches etc. etc. It is the perfect size and design for a heavy duty survival knife at a fraction the cost. Having got four knives in two separate orders and seen the consistent quality I confidently recommend these excellent knife makers.
Date: 27th January, 2019
Christopher Morey 283 NW Silver Lk. rd.