Modern Craft; a creatively crafted bowie-kukri knife
One of the most interesting and innovative creations of Khukuri House Handicraft Industry. KHHI takes yet another step forward into making real kukri knives of class, power, exception and even wider selection with the release of the “Modern Craft” bowie knife.
Why it is called bowie-kukri ?
The name says it all; it’s a contemporary kukri blade that is fearsome yet friendly. Top notch quality with extremely useful shape backed up by the “comfort-grip riveted full-flat-tang” handle give this kukri a superior and stronger niche than any other kukris that will indeed give a better result, easier maintenance and safer handling. All these amazing unique features of this kukri make it an ideal knife for just about any activities that involves cutting and can accompany in just about any terrains where man can go.
Blade:: Shape is such that it gives better movement and feel - Not too curved so cutting and swinging is easier and faster - Regular notch is discarded but the bottom of blade extended up front and made dull to work as a guard or divider to prevent hand from slipping towards blade section when using.
Handle:: “Panawal” type handle (Full Flat Tang) with a shape that gives easy and sturdy grip – 3 x rivets are further fixed to reinforce the whole handle fixture – the unique front edge contour provide easy, quick and strong holding at all times – Unpolished buffalo horn is used for better grip and matching look (IMP note:: If the HORN is not to our quality standard when making then it would be replaced by BLACK WOOD)
Frog:: A completely new and more effective leather frog is introduced; the “KHHI Farus”– Unlike regular ones here the belt keeper (loop) is made at the back of the frog itself to make carriage very easy and efficient; staying closely to the body – the Frog is fastened by shoe lace or leather thong to strap its two end and also for a new unique look.
Scabbard:: Special pattern (Buttewal) water buffalo hide is used – Inner wooden frame is made flat for easy operation – Metal chape is ignored for safety reason - two traditional small knives (Karda and Chakmak) are also discarded to give a contemporary look – a lanyard leather loop is also fixed in the tip for better and easier handling.
Size of the Blade: 10.5 inches
Materials / features: Special water buffalo leather, comfort-grip riveted full-flat-tang UNP horn / Black wood handle, special KHHI frog
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 650
- Overall weight (gm): 775
- Shipping weight (gm): 1075
- Blade finishing: Semi Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 52100
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 7.5
- Handle finishing: Unpolished
- Sheath: Black Leather
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: None
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 52-54 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Trekking, Indoor, Stabbing, Military, Combat, Regular Work
Give us your valuable review on our items.
See other products as well >>
Blade Size (in): 10
Weight (gm): 475