Mukti = Redemption (be FREE set FREE)
One of the most fascinating knives produced by KHHI. The sheer look and mass of the knife is good enough to send a chilling message to the opponent. Mukti is an awesome, powerful cum deadly weapon that would give a devastating outcome in its single blow. Therefore it must always be treated with extreme care and respect. “Mukti” is the Nepalese translation of “Redemption”, means to be FREE and set FREE.
The creator of Mukti is actually Mr. Frank Gonzalez of KniveByHand (KBH) who is KHHI’s professional partner and a very good friend. Mr. Gonzalez, an ex-US Army veteran is an expert in knives and guns. He has a Midas touch when it comes to knives. Meaning – his skill, experience and knowledge gives life to even a dying knife. KHHI would like to deeply thank Mr. Frank Gonzalez for allowing us to sell one of his great creations.
Mukti has 13+ inch mean looking and power packed blade that has the ability to crush a target in one single blow. The weight is concentrated more in the upper portion of the blade to maximize force and thus impact when swinging. It is also a stabbing knife as it has a straight shape and forged very pointed towards the tip area for that very purpose. A layer/fuller (chirra) forged in the centre of the blade works as in I-Beam to withstand the impact or pressure felt by the blade in hard blows when using. A built in Guard from the shape itself is made to protect the user’s hand from slipping towards the sharp blade. It has rosewood handle built in “Panawal” version. The full flat tang handle has multiple rivets cleverly done to support the heavy blade. An extended tang with a lanyard hole is also forged (as seen in the photo) to facilitate a wrist cord. Mukti comes with an ordinary black buffalo hide sheath for carriage. Lanyard loop tip (for thigh leather string) and a strap button in frog (for easier carriage) are fitted to aid easy movement while carrying the knife in waist.
Blade size: 13.5 inches
Handle Size: 7 inches approx.
Blade Thickness: 9 mm approx.
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
Materials / features: Buffalo hide scabbard with lanyard loop and strap button, FFT multiple riveted WOOD handle with built in Guard and extended Tang with lanyard hole, Full unpolished finishing
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 1150
- Overall weight (gm): 1375
- Shipping weight (gm): 1800
- Blade finishing: Unpolished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 52100
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 9
- Handle finishing: Unpolished
- Sheath: Buffalo leather
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: None
- Edge grinding: Dual
- Edge Hardness: 52-54 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Chirra
- Function: Sacrifical, Attacking, Heavy Duty, Stabbing, Lethal, Fighting
CUSTOM ORDER : a LARGE mukti, 40” at 15 mm thickness
I just wanted to say that this blade is awesome. Great job. Thank you.
Colemon Jones, Phoenix , AZ 85015 USA
Colemon Jones Phoenix, USA