Nepal Army (National Issue) Khukuri
This khukuri has always been an important component and aspect of the Nepal Army. It is issued to new recruits on enlistment and they retain it throughout their army career. It is a part of their armor, a prized possession, self-esteem and is well looked after until they retire. This knife is used on both occasions, for parade (the kukri drill) and when on duty. Senior officers regularly inspect this khukuri in order to maintain the smartness and tidiness of each soldier. Nepal Army kukri is slightly smaller than the standard size kukri (issue) of the British Gurkhas. The smaller and lighter feature of the kukri knife makes it easier to carry around and handling more swiftly. It is the simplest of all kukris having basic fixtures.
Besides its military use Nepal Army is also a perfect working kukri that can be used for domestic purpose or jungle warfare. It also makes an ideal gift to buy or take away from Nepal as something very authentic from Nepal.
This is a legendary khukri is from the history of Nepal. We love to call it a genuine and original Army Khukuri.
Size of Blade: 9 inches
Materials / Features: Water buffalo leather scabbard, water buffalo horn handle, 2 x small knives
About Nepali Army
The Nepali Army (NA) or “Nepali Sena” is the army of Nepal and a major component of the military of Nepal. The NA includes the Nepalese Army Air Service and the Nepalese Police Force. Service is voluntary and the minimum age for enrollment is 18 years.
Its primary role is to defend the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Nepal. Secondary role is to provide assistance to the Civilian Government of Nepal in the maintenance of Internal Security. Other duties include humanitarian assistance/disaster relief operations, assisting in national development, nature conservation efforts and participation in international peacekeeping mission.
Prior to 2006 the Nepali Army was known as the “Royal Nepalese Army (RNA)” and was under the command of the King of Nepal. Yet following the “Loktantra Andolan II” (People's Movement for Democracy 2nd) on the 18th of May 2006 a bill was passed by the (unelected) Nepalese parliament curtailing royal power, this included renaming the army.Some of the senior units of Nepal Army follow: The Senior most unit is the Sri Nath Battalion, raised in 1763.The Purano Gorakha Battalion was also raised in 1763 as the First Gurkha Company and, like the Sri Nath, has an impressive record of Service, first against the British and later alongside them. The Kali Bahadur Battalion was raised in 1831, and was the first Nepalese unit to fight ‘Overseas’ in Burma in the second World War. Other units from Nepal include the Sher, the Mahindra Dal, the Shamsher Dal, the First Rifles, the Devi Dutt and the Gorakh Bahadur.
Currently the head of the Nepal Army (Chief of Army Staff) is General Rajendra Chhetri. Read more [Visit Nepali Army official website]
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 425
- Overall weight (gm): 600
- Shipping weight (gm): 900
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Dharan, Eastern Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 8
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Water buffalo leather
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Decoration, Military, Combat, Collection, Regular Work, Indoor
My order (1426) for Nepal Army National Issue (modified) Khukuri arrived today. Thank you. The knife is very sturdy and well-made and I’m very happy with it. I have enjoyed working with your company and please pass along my appreciation to your craftsmen for their excellent work.
Wednesday, May 03, 2017
Custom 9" Nepal Army (National Issue)
Custom-design ID 1426