PanaPLUS (Discover) khukuri; the "scandi ground" kukri
Late addition of the “Utility Blades” category, released on Jan 2011, PanaPlus is an all purpose utility kukri knife to embrace and to possess to discovering within oneself and the wilderness one indulges in. As per its exclusive name, it is a contemporary Panawal version modified and crafted to deliver nothing but best results and intense satisfaction to the user and thus PLUS. PanaPlus’s solid strength, stunning look and its special extra features, all make it the kukri knife that should always be within one’s reach at any circumstances and in all territories.
Blade – forged out of 5160 high carbon steel. 11 inched bladed with RAW finishing for stronger edge and better temper. Medium weight for effective use, easy handling and effortless carriage.
Edge – “Scandi Grind” for deeper impact and better outcome. This exceptional grinding of the blade (spine + body + edge) makes the PanaPlus stand out from the herd as one of the most effective and usable knives.
Handle – FFT (full flat tang) reinforced by multiple rivets. Finger grooves for firm and comfortable grip.Indian Rosewood handle to give a matching and appealing look. Lanyard hole facility to fix a thong to tie around the user’s hand. Thick metal plate bolster.
Scabbard – Brown leather stylish sheath. Frog with a belt loop (strap button) to hold the blade in its handle. This simply but very useful aspect of PanaPlus makes the kukri so much easy to carry and travel with. The “C” cut in the throat also adds to its fashion and uniqueness. Lanyard loop in the tip to facilitate thigh attachment.
:: Profile ::
Blade length: 11 inches (27.90 cm) approx
Blade thickness: 9 mm approx
Handle length: 5 inches (12.70 cm) approx
NET weight (blade + handle) = 725 gms approx
Edge temper = 56-58 RC
Materials / Features: Brown leather scabbard, Indian rosewood FFT with finger grooves handle
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 850
- Overall weight (gm): 1000
- Shipping weight (gm): 1350
- Blade finishing: RAW
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 9
- Handle finishing: Unpolished
- Sheath: Brown leather
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: V
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Scandi
- Function: Heavy Duty, Domestic use, Jungle warfare, Regular Work, Hunting
Give us your valuable review on our items.