Panawal POWER unp (unpolished) kukri >> heavy duty farmer's knife..
A heavy version of the standard ones built for heavy duty work. A farmer’s first choice kukri without a thought when it comes to undertaking long and heavy stressful task. Heavy blade generates heavy blow resulting greater score, inflicting deeper cut; lessening time and saving energy - this is what a Panawal Power is all about. The balance is such that though heavy it is well balanced thus easier to work with.
It is a typical all-purpose utility knife specially made for rough use. The unpolished feature of the kukri also represents the old historic kukris used by farmers and villagers for their daily domestic work as they were hardly polished. Kukris like these have made productive impact in the life of rural farmers as a pure cutting tool since time immemorial.
Panawal Power has an unfinished (not shiny) blade having semi fuller or layer (hump) running across the main (above) panel of the blade. It is made so to give more strength and durability to the width of the blade while in use and also to cut down unnecessary weight of the blade. The curvature will support the flat surface of the blade by evenly distributing the impact-force created when striking into a target. It is also a display of true craftsmanship as it is the hardest to craft. Moreover the unpolished blade skips the long machinery process of getting polished and as a result the original hardness stays on resulting in a stronger edge/bevel and additional sharpness.
The handle of this kukri is made like that of the famous “Panawal” version and thus the name, where the flat tang goes all the way through the handle, and metal rivets are fitted to strengthen the fixtures. The metal tang can also be clearly seen at the two sides of the handle. Further the two horn scales are firmly glued by epoxy to the tang, this reinforcement produces strength from all sides and angles. Unpolished buffalo horn is used to give an overall matching look and sturdiness. Both, pommel and bolster are made from thick iron plate to withstand the force and impact taken by the blade. The tang along with the steel fixtures give good counter balance to the knife making it very easy and effective to use. (IMP note:: If the HORN is not to our quality standard when making then it would be replaced by BLACK WOOD)
A lanyard facility is also in place in the scabbard incase one needs to tie the khukuri around his thigh.
This type of kukri is recommended for heavy stressful work.
Size of blade: 10 inch approx.
Materials / Features: Water buffalo leather scabbard, twin rivets full flat tang unpolished buffalo horn / Black Wood handle
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 735
- Overall weight (gm): 925
- Shipping weight (gm): 1225
- Blade finishing: Unpolished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 10
- Handle finishing: Unpolished
- Sheath: Water buffalo leather
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Chirra
- Function: Heavy Duty, Combat, Jungle warfare, Regular Work
Give us your valuable review on our items.