Panawal Special (McCoy)
It is named definitely because of its special feature unlike the regular Panawals yet is a “Panawal” khukuri after all. The knife is especially designed or made for heavy duty work. This fact is well supported by its special craftsmanship of the blade (full layer) and handle (full tang) of the kukri. This 11” long semi-polished blade will go through almost any objects with ease and maximum impact.
This kukri is basically the “World War” version widely used by the Gurkhas during world war days however with an improved finishing. Unlike its siblings, the blade is semi-polished and has a fuller or hump that runs across from the tip to notch area on the surface panel. It is made so to give more strength and durability to the width of the blade while in use. The curvature will give much needed support to the flat surface for heavy duty work as it helps to reduce tension that is generated when stroked hard against a target. It is also a display of true craftsmanship as it is the very hard to craft.
The handle of this kukri is made like that of the famous “Panawal” version where the flat tang goes all the way through the handle, and rivets are fitted to strengthen the fixtures. The metal tang can also be clearly seen at the two sides of the handle. Indian Rosewood is used to give an overall matching look and sturdiness.
A different looking frog is introduced to give an interesting and appealing look where a brown leather thong is double crossed (XX) in the front face. A brown leather loop (lanyard hole) is also fixed on the tip of the scabbard just incase one needs to tie the khukuri around his thigh.
Traditional Karda (small knife) and Chakmak (sharpener) are discarded.
Size of Blade: 11 inches
Materials: Buffalo leather scabbard, twin rivets full flat tang wooden handle, fuller/layer in the blade, special new frog
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 720
- Overall weight (gm): 900
- Shipping weight (gm): 1250
- Blade finishing: Semi Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 9
- Handle finishing: Polish
- Sheath: Buffalo leather scabbard
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Chirra
- Materials: leather , Wood
- Features: Chirra or Fuller version, frog , fuller/layer in the blade, twin rivets full flat tang
- Function: Heavy Duty, Hunting, Outdoor, Regular Work, Trekking
Write a Review
Give us your valuable review on our items.
I have received my Mc Coy Khukuri in France. It is really beautiful and very well finished. Thank you for transmitting my congratulations to Parshuram Biswakarma (maker's Mark "P".) Bravo for this quality of manufacture, the quality of the packaging and the speed of dispatch. All is perfect.
Lieu-dit Le Bois Pépin
14350 LE TOURNEUR
Date:Emmanuel OBLIN France
Hello to KHHI Nepal !
I bought McCoy from You about month ago... and there is NOTHING I love more than this piece of beauty.. It isn't absolutely and necessary perfect, and I am very glad for that - I wanted original Nepalese handicraft, and I definitely got the right thing! I already chopped down a few trees, bushes, branches, and there isn't even slightest change in appearance of the edge. If the Panawal Specials have the lanyard hole in the handle, it would be most welcomed to write it to this kukri's specification! :-) But it was very pleasant surprise for me to discover this extra feature! :-)
There is nothing I could say more - THANK YOU!!!
Keep on doing the very best, keep on supporting Your Kamis, keep on making originals!
You are my favourite knives making company EVER!
Rosomak Sibirsky wrote this review on our Facebook Page.
Date: 7th September, 2014Rosomak Sibirsky Prague, Czech Republic