Panawal Special (McCoy)
11 inch long semi-polished blade which will go through almost any objects with ease and maximum impact.
Panawal Special (McCoy): CHIRRA blade + PANAWAL handle = 100% REAL knife
Panawal Special is one of the variants of the famous Panawal family but crafted extra special. It comes with Chirra or Fuller in its blade forged for strength and style hence makes it special. The knife is especially designed or made for heavy duty work. This fact is well supported by its special craftsmanship of the blade (full layer) and handle (full tang) of the kukri. This 11” long semi-polished blade will go through almost any objects with ease and maximum impact. Titled as McCoy.
This kukri is basically the “World War” version widely used by the Gurkhas during world war days however with an improved finishing. Unlike its siblings, the blade is semi-polished and has a fuller or hump that runs across from the tip to notch area on the surface panel. It is made so to give more strength and durability to the width of the blade while in use. The curvature will give much needed support to the flat surface for heavy duty work as it helps to reduce tension that is generated when stroked hard against a target. It is also a display of true craftsmanship as it is the very hard to craft.
The handle of this kukri is made like that of the famous “Panawal” version where the flat tang goes all the way through the handle, and rivets are fitted to strengthen the fixtures. The metal tang can also be clearly seen at the two sides of the handle. Indian Rosewood is used to give an overall matching look and sturdiness.
A different looking frog is introduced to give an interesting and appealing look where a brown leather thong is double crossed (XX) in the front face. A brown leather loop (lanyard hole) is also fixed on the tip of the scabbard just incase one needs to tie the khukuri around his thigh.
Traditional Karda (small knife) and Chakmak (sharpener) are discarded.
Size of Blade: 11 inches approx.
Materials: Buffalo leather scabbard, twin rivets full flat tang wooden handle, fuller/layer in the blade, special new frog
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Actual Weight (gm): 665
- Overall weight (gm): 830
- Shipping weight (gm): 1200
- Blade finishing: Semi Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Blade thickness (mm): 9
- Handle finishing: Polish
- Sheath: Black leather
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Chirra
- Materials: leather , Wood
- Features: Chirra or Fuller version, frog , fuller/layer in the blade, twin rivets full flat tang
- Function: Heavy Duty, Hunting, Outdoor, Regular Work, Trekking
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]