BSI Service No.1 Kukri (standard issue khukuri)
Size of blade: 10.5 inch approx
Materials: Water buffalo leather scabbard, water buffalo horn handle, 2 x small knives
:: PRIMITIVE MAKING is also available for this product in which the khukuri is made by pure skill, bare hands and natural raw materials. To buy under this age-old making click Primitive Service Gurkha Kukri ::
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 550
- Overall weight (gm): 750
- Shipping weight (gm): 1050
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Dharan, Eastern Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 9
- Handle finishing: Polish
- Sheath: Black Leather
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Decoration, Gift, Domestic use, Military, Fighting, Combat, Collection, Regular Work
Give us your valuable review on our items.
I love this Knife, I keep returning to it to look, I haave polished the scabbard, Later I feel I should of had it polished as it does look better this way. The blade is exceptional ,very sharp and beautifully crafted edge, with a wonderful clean shine, no crafting errors are on the blade , however It does feel heavy being 7,04 grams the blade is 30.4cm , the handle is 5.5 inches and this blade will chop. the The scabbard holder is a little on the flimsy side but arguably strong, the Karda" and "Chakmak spines seem a little thick and not so well worked as the larger blade, but I love the horn handles on all the blades , the feel and colour are attractive and have a great feel. I am pleased with the blade and do not regret the purchase but cannot give full marks due to the smaller two blades poor work . the chisel tip is nice and I have added photographs .
Date: 6th December, 2019
Angus William Morrison Sant Adria de Besos
I recently purchased a Sarkhari Khukuri from you and my friend purchased a Kbar Kukuri. When he saw the one I had he ordered one from you. The blades you make have a human touch, I know this may just be a job to your Kamis, I also do a job as best I can, but please let them know their efforts are appreciated . I wish you all the best.
Date: 2nd September, 2019
I have just received my Service No 1 (Sarkhari Khukuri). It has arrived much more quickly than I anticipated for which I am very grateful.
What a beauty! From the style to the grip, from detail to overall presentation, the blade and the scabbard are unbelievably of the highest quality. Please convey my thanks, to the company, but also Bir Bahadur B.K. (Alphabet ‘B’). He truly is a ‘craftsman’. I look forward to using it and have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone who is looking for ‘the Best’. Many, many thanks,
“Forever Ready - फॉरएवर रेडी “
Date: 10th June, 2019
I have purchased several items . VERY satisfied with all. Thank you. Will be ordering more soon.
Date: 27th May, 2019
christian h mayer United States
I received the two No. 1 Service Knives I ordered and I love them! The packaging was amazing!!! I loved the material type paper my knives were packed in. The little information sheet on the craftsman who made my knives was also a fantastic touch. The knives themselves are beautiful. What has topped off my experience was how fantastic the customer service was. Fast delivery and I was informed throughout the whole process. Communication was always so polite and courteous!
A fantastic experience and amazing knives!!!
Date: 3rd March, 2019