Shree 5 Chirra (General)
the mother of all chirra (fuller) kukri dynasty, Shree 5 Chirra (General), is truly the commanding army General of all kukri brigades (types)..
Shree 5 Chirra (General); mother of all Chirra kukris, Multi Chirra-wal::
The success story of Chirra khukuris, especially the 3 Chirra (Beast), goes far and beyond and reached to a height where KHHI was challenged to introduce yet another superior version of this type to better the best. Thus the Shree 5 Chirra (General) was created to be added as another exclusive and extra ordinary knife to the “Chirra (fuller)” category. This to deliver the ultimate power of strength, speed, security and satisfaction. The aristocrat name “Shree 5 (five)” has been chosen to denote the royal class and stature of this amazing knife. SHREE in Nepalese, to honor the khukuri and 5, the royal status and also to represent the 5 x fullers/layers that the knife embraces. The five Chirras in a single body (as seen in the photos); the hardest to forge and craft – display of true craftsmanship - to support the blade in fatal impact by easing the tension created - and the heavy blade backed up by 5 x riveted full tang handle make the kukri a wonder whose beauty and beast like character can only be expressed and explained by the owner and the user himself.
Shree 5 Chirra khukuri is truly the commanding Army General of all kukri brigades, thus nicknamed as 'General'. This 5 Chirra kukri knife is the ultimate fuller khukuri. Its special 5 fullered blade makes this chirra kukri GRAND and UNIQUE.
What makes the Shree 5 Chirra Kukri so special ?
- 5 x Chirras/Fullers for beauty, strength and adds value
- Hand forged chirras give resistance and durability to the edge
- Traditional look and style of an original kukri
- Heavy blade yet well balanced by its chirras
- 5 x rivets, thick full flat tang wooden handle for strength, durability and balance
- Heavy duty bolster and butt cap fitted handle with a lanyard hole
- Black normal leather sheath with metallic chape
- Total unpolished finishing for simple yet elegant look and for effective cutting objective
Materials / features:
- Black leather scabbard with metallic tip
- FFT 5 x rivets Indian Rosewood
- 5 Chirra/Layer heavy broad blade
- Total unpolished finishing
Blade size: 14 inches approx.
Handle Size: 6.5 inches approx.
Blade Thickness: 10 mm approx.
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
What is chirra in kukri ?? What is the benefit of having chirra in kukri ?? Chirra explained ...
The multiple fullers combination gives heavy durability and endurance to the blade that is needed while performing heavy duty works. This also make it possible to use for a longer period of time since it cuts down the weight of the blade significantly. The mass of the blade is grinded off in both sides to create fullers. It also gives the needed support to the edge as it absorbs the direct impact (tension) felt by the edge when cutting. The shock wave is minimized as it travels from edge to panel to spine. This cushioning to the edge by the chirra (fuller) reduces the tension created in impact. It is also a display of true craftsmanship as it is the hardest to craft.
Watch the making of 5 Chirra Kukri in the khukuri factory of KHHI, Nepal
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 1125
- Overall weight (gm): 1375
- Shipping weight (gm): 1800
- Blade finishing: Unpolished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 9
- Handle finishing: Unpolished
- Sheath: Traditional leather
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Chirra
- Function: Sacrifical, Heavy Duty, Gift, Lethal, Outdoor, Collection
Give us your valuable review on our items.
I am utterly thrilled with this khukuri. The quality of materials and unmatched craftsmanship by Mangaldhan Biswakarma makes for an unmatched blade. I can not find a single flaw in this piece. Beautifully done. He should be proud of his work. I should also mention that the sheath is beautifully crafted as well. The leather is flawless and the work is impeccable. प्रशंसा
(Sales Id: 23745)
Date: 6th July, 2020
Bernard Larrivee RI USA
I am very happy with Shree 5 Chirra. The craftsmanship is excellent. The quality is great. Highly recommend. The customer service was outstanding and deliver within the original timeframe. I was would recommend this to everyone.
Date: 7th February, 2020
Eric Shepherd USA
Dear Shilpa, Saroj
Finally! The Shree 5 Chirras Khukuri has arrived! Wow it's exceeded all expectations. Beautiful in every way. Dimensions as advertised. Razor sharp. Scabbard fits like a glove. Weighted at 1300 grams. Very pleased with the shipping quality and delivery time. Now since this was a test case you may confidently expand your offering to India if you so wish. Please feel free to reference me as a testimonial.
Next step is to test this beast in the field. I will keep you updated...
Thanks for everything. We all believed it was possible and our faith is justified.
Have a great day and all the best to ensuring that KHHI is the top choice for authentic Khukuri aficionados.
Amko (Amit Kotwal)
Amko (Amit Kotwal)
Received the Shree yesterday and absolutely love it. Thank you.
Sale ID / Warranty #: QL6367 P0
Rob Hardy Middlesex, UK