Shree 5 Chirra (General)
the mother of all chirra (fuller) kukri dynasty, Shree 5 Chirra (General), is truly the commanding army General of all kukri brigades (types)..
Shree 5 Chirra (General); mother of all Chirra kukris, Multi Chirra-wal::
The success story of Chirra khukuris, especially the 3 Chirra (Beast), goes far and beyond and reached to a height where KHHI was challenged to introduce yet another superior version of this type to better the best. Thus the Shree 5 Chirra (General) was created to be added as another exclusive and extra ordinary knife to the “Chirra (fuller)” category. This to deliver the ultimate power of strength, speed, security and satisfaction. The aristocrat name “Shree 5 (five)” has been chosen to denote the royal class and stature of this amazing knife. SHREE in Nepalese, to honor the khukuri and 5, the royal status and also to represent the 5 x fullers/layers that the knife embraces. The five Chirras in a single body (as seen in the photos); the hardest to forge and craft – display of true craftsmanship - to support the blade in fatal impact by easing the tension created - and the heavy blade backed up by 5 x riveted full tang handle make the kukri a wonder whose beauty and beast like character can only be expressed and explained by the owner and the user himself.
Shree 5 Chirra khukuri is truly the commanding Army General of all kukri brigades, thus nicknamed as 'General'. This 5 Chirra kukri knife is the ultimate fuller khukuri. Its special 5 fullered blade makes this chirra kukri GRAND and UNIQUE.
What makes the Shree 5 Chirra Kukri so special ?
- 5 x Chirras/Fullers for beauty, strength and adds value
- Hand forged chirras give resistance and durability to the edge
- Traditional look and style of an original kukri
- Heavy blade yet well balanced by its chirras
- 5 x rivets, thick full flat tang wooden handle for strength, durability and balance
- Heavy duty bolster and butt cap fitted handle with a lanyard hole
- Black normal leather sheath with metallic chape
- Total unpolished finishing for simple yet elegant look and for effective cutting objective
Materials / features:
- Black leather scabbard with metallic tip
- FFT 5 x rivets Indian Rosewood
- 5 Chirra/Layer heavy broad blade
- Total unpolished finishing
Blade size: 14 inches approx.
Handle Size: 6.5 inches approx.
Blade Thickness: 10 mm approx.
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
What is chirra in kukri ?? What is the benefit of having chirra in kukri ?? Chirra explained ...
The multiple fullers combination gives heavy durability and endurance to the blade that is needed while performing heavy duty works. This also make it possible to use for a longer period of time since it cuts down the weight of the blade significantly. The mass of the blade is grinded off in both sides to create fullers. It also gives the needed support to the edge as it absorbs the direct impact (tension) felt by the edge when cutting. The shock wave is minimized as it travels from edge to panel to spine. This cushioning to the edge by the chirra (fuller) reduces the tension created in impact. It is also a display of true craftsmanship as it is the hardest to craft.
Watch the making of 5 Chirra Kukri in the khukuri factory of KHHI, Nepal
- Actual Weight (gm): 1125
- Overall weight (gm): 1375
- Shipping weight (gm): 1800
- Blade finishing: Unpolished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Blade thickness (mm): 9
- Handle finishing: Unpolished
- Sheath: Traditional leather
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Chirra
- Function: Sacrifical, Heavy Duty, Gift, Lethal, Outdoor, Collection