SiruPate 15inch; famous nepalese kukri; an effective and efficient kukri sword
“SiruPate” is a typical Nepalese word derived from a leaf’s name found in the hill areas of Nepal. “Siru” is the plant’s name and its leaf is called “Paat”. Since the shape of the Siru’s leaf inspires the shape of the SiruPate kukri, the name is given so.
SiruPate is a very traditional kukri that is widely used for domestic purpose, in marriage ceremony and other religious events. It also accompanies a male dancer to perform the traditional “Kukri Dance” in Nepal.
In the rural villages of hillside of Nepal farmers carry out their daily domestic and livelihood works largely carry sirupate kukri knife. A need for a handy, functional and mobile khukuri like the Sirupate becomes necessary. It would assist the user to accomplish his work easily and effectively. A SiruPate kukri is slender, lighter and handier; making it more practical than other kukris. Hence farmers prefer sirupate over other kukris and highly rely on it. The kukri knife not only helps in daily business but also safe guards the user from imminent threats and danger from wild animals while in woods. This special bond between the master and his khukuri (sirupate here) keeps the user stable, strong and always at safe bay. The kukri becomes like his guarding angel physically, mentally and religiously.
Feature of Sirupates >>
A SiruPate is a slimmer and lighter version compared to other kukris thus very effective and functional. The mobility due to balanced weight and easy-handling features of the sirupate make the kukri knife more special and essential than other kukri models. Traditional SiruPates mostly come in a basic rat-tail tang with wooden handle secured by brass fittings. Sirupate is one of the most famous and common kukris in Nepal and very high in demand amongst the locals. Sirupate is also very famous with the Gurkhas since it is easy to use and very functional. The traditional Sirupate version is highly recommended for those who like to travel light and also make great gift for your loved ones.
Sirupate 15 inch kukri profile >>
Why sword?? Since the kukri comes in a mini sword size and can also be used like a sword for brutal consequences..
Size of blade: 15 inch approx
Materials: Water buffalo leather scabbard, Indian rosewood handle, 2 x small knives
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 725
- Overall weight (gm): 975
- Shipping weight (gm): 1425
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 8.5
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Water buffalo leather
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Defending, Domestic use, Fighting, Jungle warfare, Regular Work, Attacking
Give us your valuable review on our items.
My second knife
considering the size of this FAMOUS it has got quite a light weight feel to it and would be comfortable to use for some time i would say. nice looking bush attacker this too as are the two small additions for the dap. there is a minor issue as the butt cap is not whole and cracked, as you can see in the image(top), so have not given a full rating but overall i am still pleased with the purchase. express my thanks to RAKHU (X) please.
Yours truly Steve
Date: 23rd February, 2019
Thank you i received the 15" Sirupatee with a Left handed Scabbard for me. Beautiful Khukri Beautiful Scabbard. Amazing weight and size. I really Appreciate this Khukri thank you to the Kami and his Workmates.
Waldemar Lemos , NT, Australia
Waldemar Lemos NT, Australia
I now have my new kukhuri. It is a great piece.