Survival Knife LIVE @ KYDEX
Simple yet superb, handy, and important - "Don't go out in the jungle without it..."
Survival Knife (LIVE); a finely crafted utility blade with modern Kydex sheath..
It’s the utility and survival knife that would help you come out of the erratic of the wilderness and its harshness. This 6” bladed straight knife is designed to tackle the unfamiliar and difficult situations one may go through when lost and alone, helpless and hopeless; hence the name. It comes equally handy for hunting, trekking, camping, and for other outdoor adventurous activities too. The blade is highly polished so that reaction (mainly rust) can be prevented as much even when the blade comes hard in use in water or fluids. The unpolished handle is the source of the strength of this KHHI’s survival knife as it is unpolished for better and easier grip - the full flat tang technique boosted with rivets is applied with an aim to make the handle as strong as possible - and the handle’s shape is specifically designed so as to give stiff grip yet rest to the palm of the using hand.
Survival knife (LIVE) has a special black KYDEX sheath fitted to better its performance and to make it a complete outdoor survival knife. It’s a perfect modern sheath that is very durable, waterproof, compatible with various wears and kits, and attractive at the same time. This special Kydex sheath having a detachable leather loop carriage system that allows carrying vertically and horizontally from waist level adds value and usefulness to the knife.
Kydex is a modern hard coated plastic (PVC) industrialized product that is completely waterproof. It is a very good responder of heat. Kydex is a line of thermoplastic acrylic-polyvinyl chloride (PVC) material. It combines properties of both acrylic and PVC therefore it obtains rigidity, formability, toughness, chemical resistance, good interior and is completely water-resistant. It is a perfect replacement for leather sheaths as it is lighter, cheaper, durable, holds better, and also compatible with various armies’ wear and kits. It is scratch-resistant and holds its shape better at the same time. All our Kydex sheets and its materials are imported from the US. The Kydex sheath is made for an individual knife in a molding way by heating it to a certain temperature.
Size of Blade: 6 inches apporx (mirror pol)
Materials: Riveted full flat tang unpolished brown Indian rosewood handle, highly polished blade, Special Black KYDEX sheath
Place of Origin: KHHI, KTM Nepal (released on 26 May 2013)
- Actual Weight (gm): 250
- Overall weight (gm): 350
- Shipping weight (gm): 600
- Blade finishing: Mirror
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 52100
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Blade thickness (mm): 5
- Handle finishing: Unpolished
- Sheath: Kydex
- Released date of KHHI Nepal: 2013-05-26
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 52-54 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Scandi
- Function: Trekking, Indoor, Defending, Gift, Stabbing, Outdoor
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]