The Brigade of Gurkhas (Kukri Set)
For all true and loyal Gurkhas supporters/well wishers to pay tribute and honor the commendable deeds of the brave Gurkhas from Nepal. (Price includes Display Stand)
- Blade Size (in): 11
- Handle Size (in): 5.5
- Handle Material: Rosewood
- Actual Weight (gm): 625
- Overall weight (gm): 825
- Shipping weight (gm): 1075
- Blade finishing: Mirror
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Dharan, Eastern Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 10
- Handle finishing: Polish
- Sheath: Water buffalo leather scabbard
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Materials: leather
- Features: utility knife
- Function: Decoration, Military, Gift, Show Piece, Collection, Regular Work
Kukri engraved with Regimental insignias (emblems) of the Brigade of Gurkhas
Comes with a display stand, scabbard with a Cross Kukri badge (as a set)
The historic and famous “World War 2” version which is also a very common and renowned kukri in the local market and within the Gurkha society, which played a crucial role in making Gurkhas one of the formidable soldiers of the modern era is now engraved with Regimental insignias (emblems) of the Brigade of Gurkhas to honor and remember these outstanding army units which served and are still serving the British Empire with utmost dedication, sincerity, and extraordinary courage.
KHHI gives this kukri a unique look together with its beautiful shape, well balanced and effective body. This 11 inch long kukri's already glorious image is boosted with the display of the regiments of the “Brigade of Gurkhas” in its blade done intentionally to pay tribute and to honor these distinguish and commendable Gurkha Regiments and its fellow comrades, in memory of the old and new army units that served the British and the world to its best ability and highest capability.
Unlike the regular World War, the scabbard carries a “Cross Kukri” badge fitted at the belt loop. The cross kukri symbol has been a unique and distinct Gurkha trademark and icon since its origin centuries back. The famous insignia symbolizes the brave Gurkhas.
The Brigade of Gurkhas set kukri also comes with a beautiful black colored foldable double wooden stand as shown in the picture. “The Brigade of Gurkhas set” is for those who admire and appreciate the legendary units of the Brigade of Gurkhas of the British Army. A must displayer for all those true and loyal Gurkhas supporters and well wishers to pay tribute and to honor the commendable deeds of the brave Gurkhas from Nepal.
List of engraved Regiments:
One side of the “The Brigade of Gurkhas set” has new regiments and the other has old (disbanded) regiments displayed of the legendary “Brigade of Gurkhas” regiments of British Army. After India’s independence in 1947 mobilization for war-raised army units took place in which some of the Gurkha regiments (2nd, 6th, 7th and 10th) were integrated into the British Army under Britain flagship as the “Brigade of Gurkhas”. Since its simulation into the British Army the Brigade of Gurkhas has seen many changes in which QGS, QGE and QOGLR were raised to serve the army’s and government need. Later the four Gurkha infantry regiments 2nd, 6th, 7th and 10th were amalgamated to the RGR in 1994 in Hong Kong.
- RGR (Royal Gurkha Rifles)
- QGE (Queen's Gurkha Engineers)
- QGS (Queen's Gurkha Signals)
- QOGLR (Queen's Own Gurkha Logistic Regiment)
- 10th G.R (10th Princess Mary's Own Gurkha Rifles)
- 7th G.R (7th Duke of Edinburgh's Own Gurkha Rifles)
- 6th G.R (6th Queen Elizabeth's Own Gurkha Rifles)
- 2nd G.R (2nd King Edward VII's Own Gurkha Rifles)
The set includes.
- 11 inch engraved blade
- display stand (as in picture)
- scabbard with Cross Kukri badge
Size of Blade: 11 inches approx.
Materials: Water buffalo leather scabbard, Indian rosewood handle, 2 x small knives
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]