V Series (the Versatile)
V for versatile, V for vicious, V for victor, V for vim and V for value, and ‘Series’, because this version of KHHI’s elite khukuris come in series of sizes of blades ranging from 7 inch to 12 inch long, thus the name has been given so to properly personify the khukuris.
the Versatile khukuri/kukri knife
The unusual almost semi-circle (Crescent) shape of the khukuri without shoulder and peak is forged for easier handling, better performance and to create a more practical cutting tool. The shape of the V series is fairly curved thus it facilitates the cutting and chopping activities further better. On top of that the blade has a style of its own, never done before in any other knives by KHHI. The blade has a unique feature with two large divisions, the bevel and panel. The large elongate bevel is unpolished where as the panel that run across the body to the riccasso is highly polished. This finishing of V series is strange yet stylish plus carries a good reason behind. Since the bevel is unfinished it skips the long harsh process of getting polished as a result the temper (hardening) is retained, as it was while tempering and hence the edge remains as strong and rigid. On the other hand the panel is highly polished, means some temper is withdrawn intentionally as it gets heated when getting polished. The Panel thus becomes little softer, providing cushion to the bevel. When the blade is stroke against a target, the bevel penetrates through while the panel gives the needed suspension to the bevel so that force generated in the action can be minimized, lessening tension to the bevel. This new method of finishing the blade has proven very successful and satisfactory.
Handle of V series is a simple wooden handle with full flat tang fixture that would simply provide good grip and long life. The handle is reinforced with rivets to strongly secure the fixture. The two wooden scales are first glued to the tang by using epoxy and 3 x rivets are fitted to complete the handle. A lanyard hole facility is also in place; for a leather thong to go through it and round the using hand’s wrist. The contours, ridges, surfaces and the handle itself is made thicker to provide comfortable grip even for big hands.
The V series has a beautiful reddish brown leather scabbard made to go with the overall look of the khukuri. A white metal chap compliments the dashing and dangerous look of the knife. A set of special Karda + Chakmak accompanies the V series to further boost the ability and value of this extra ordinary khukuri knife unleashed by KHHI.
(V Series comes in various sizes from 7-12 inches blade. Please write your preferred size in the “Comment/Message” field when ordering. For example V7, V8, V9, V10…) so the most versatile series of kukri.
(Please note that the weight mentioned here is of "V11")
Size of Blade :7-12 Inch
Origin :KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
Material/Features :Unique raw and polished mixed blade, Full flat tang with riveted-comfort handle, Special reddish brown leather scabbard, special K + C
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 725
- Overall weight (gm): 925
- Shipping weight (gm): 1275
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 8
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Reddish brown leather
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: None
- Edge grinding: Convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Defending, Jungle warfare, Regular Work, Outdoor, Domestic use
Write a Review
Give us your valuable review on our items.