Camouflage Warfare kukri (Ultimate); Hide n Strike; a knife to victory
This kukri knife is named so due to its unique feature in which it's sheath is camouflaged to hide the knife within the body. Here the Nepal Army's official camouflage fabric is used for effective result. The blade is done unpolished (matt) for rough use. This compliments the sheath and also the overall purpose of the kukri knife. A loop is fixed in the tip of the sheath to hold the knife firmly in the user’s thigh to prevent any wobbling while in motion. This comes as an added feature since mobility and accessibility becomes very crucial in any warfare activities.
All these special characteristics in both >> 1) the SHEATH, to hide away from enemy’s vision and get mould with the terrain in the best possible way 2) the BLADE, handmade for rough hard usage, have helped it stand out amongst it's siblings.
It is often carried by Gurkha soldiers during exercise and training as an optional knife (the no.2 kukri knife). They would either carry "Camouflage Warfare kukri" or sometimes camouflage their personal service no.2 by a jungle-look type fabric. Its equally important as a combat-battle knife in hand to hand warfare situations. It is also famous with jungle, trekkers, hunters and safari goers.
It is a typical unpolished all-purpose utility knife that is also used as a domestic tool in Nepal. Although the whole knife has (blade+handle+brass fixtures) full unpolished finishing the surface is very smooth and well balanced. The kukri blade is very durable as it skips the long machinery process. This maintains the original heat treatment making the edge very tough. Unlike other traditional kukris, the two small knives (Karda and Chakmak) are completely discarded.
Size of blade: 10 inch approx.
Materials / Features: Water buffalo leather scabbard, Nepal Army official camouflage fabric, brown Indian rosewood handle
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 575
- Overall weight (gm): 750
- Shipping weight (gm): 1000
- Blade finishing: Unpolished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 9
- Handle finishing: Unpolish
- Sheath: Buffalo Leather Camouflaged
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Trekking, Indoor, Military, Outdoor, Combat, Jungle warfare
Give us your valuable review on our items.
Wonderfully crafted Kukri! Perfectly balanced. I ordered this along with a sirupate, one to keep nice on a stand, and one for a user. This kuk is almost the same size as the sirupate, just has a larger handle. I really like the unpolished finish on this blade, I think I'll have to order another kuk with a unpolished blade and a polished handle if it's a possibility. The Khhi team was very helpful with communication and helping me get left handed sheaths.
Date: 13th July, 2019
Nicholas Anderson United States