Regular Scabbard (XTRA Case FOR UR KUKRI)
An extra scabbard comes with Karda and Chakmak; very handy to continue and sustain the assignment..
Regular Khukuri Scabbard (DAP); extra case/cover for your kukri knife
Keep yourself, family and friends safe from your Khukuri when not in use...
Domestic water buffalo hide is used to cover the inner wooden frames of the scabbard. The natural hide is painted black to give the original and typical look. A brass chape is also fixed at the front section for protection and presentation. The scabbard also comes with the two regular accompanying knives; “Karda (small utility knife)” and “Chakmak (sharpener)”.
Since a leather scabbard is somewhat sensitive to the outside temperature and weather plus it may wear off soon with excessive use it is highly recommended to have an extra or a back up scabbard for your khukuri. Sometimes there is also a possibility that the sharp edge of the kukri blade may cut through the leather making it unsafe to use anymore. Ignoring such fault may lead to some serious damage to finger as the two inner wooden frames used to making the scabbard leave a small elongated gap that only gets wrapped/covered by the buffalo leather. In a case like this an extra scabbard would come very useful to continue and complete an assignment.
Materials / Features:
Water buffalo leather, Leather Frog (single loop), Brass Tip, 2 x Accompanying Knives
- The Price includes scabbard for 6-15 inches long bladed Khukuris, for large blades please contact us.
- Please be notified that the stated price is for the normal buffalo leather (black) scabbard only.
- All scabbards doesnt fit for all khukuris. Blade type and size differs the perfect fit so please clearly mention the type of the khukuri/s for which you are buying the scabbard in the "Your message” field when going through the ordering steps.
Below is the video showing how the Kukri Scabbard/DAP is made using bare hands and traditional tools (NO machine used)
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 150
- Overall weight (gm): 200
- Shipping weight (gm): 450
- Blade finishing: None
- Blade sharpness: None
- Blade material: None
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Sheath: Water buffalo leather
- Tang type: None
- Fixture: None
- Edge grinding: None
- Edge Hardness: None
- Blade (panel) Grinding: None
- Materials: Brass fixtures, leather
Give us your valuable review on our items.
The crew at KHHI made me two replacement scabbards for a pair of old Khukuri that were in need of them. They were well made and great communications with the company.
Date: 5th August, 2020
Thank you for the opportunity to give feedback on your products.
I am a loyal customer and I have been using KHHI khukri for some time. I think the quality is outstanding and have even shown them to a couple of Nepali guys that approve of them. I use them in the field and have been pleased with their performance.
I received my scabbard in a very short time considering how far it had to travel.
The quality is as to be expected from KHHI, top notch. That being said, I have a couple of issues.
The first issue that became apparent was fit. My khukri does not fit well; it takes a lot of force to get the khukri to go into the scabbard. Another fit issue is that once it does go inside, it appears to be about 5mm too short. With all of my other khukri, the blade is completely inserted into the scabbard, to the hilt. I did specifically state that the scabbard was to fit the 2012 Issue khukri.
The second issue is that the description of the scabbard included the “ 2 x Accompanying Knives” which were not sent.
Date: 28th February, 2019