3 Chirra (The BEAST)
Nicknamed as the BEAST, it truly is a deadly looking kukri, a beast like character that would mercilessly torn its prey into pieces in matter of seconds. One of the latest and strongest additions of KHHI into its amazing product line, this kukri is a pure work of art at its best. The knife is the hardest to craft done only by a very skilled craftsman as he has to work on the three fuller/layers in the blade-panel that serves as the strength provider, shock absorber and is also designed to take out the unnecessary weight of the blade as in the I-BEAMS concept. The crescent like forging in this kukri unlike any others makes this knife so special as it adds beauty and beast like character to this knife.
The 3 x fullers combination gives heavy durability and endurance to the blade that is needed while performing heavy duty work and for using for a longer period of time. It also gives the needed support to the flat surface as it absorbs the direct impact felt by the edge of the blade. It is also a display of true craftsmanship as it is the hardest to craft.
The blade is further only unpolished to better its cutting ability by retaining maximum hardness that might be lost during the finishing/polishing process and also to make it look traditional and attractive. The blade is 12 inches long (not too long or too short) for better coverage and better balance; an ideal size to maximize the output.
The handle of this kukri is another strong point perfectly executed to meet the demand of the heavy blade. The flat tang of the blade which can also be seen on the sides of the handle goes all the way through the handle and is fitted to the butt cap. The tang is further riveted to the handle to enhance the fixture.
3Chirra (Beast) comes with a normal leather scabbard but the tip is ignored so that it does not hurt a user when is carried in the waist. A lanyard hole is also fixed at the tip of the scabbard so that a string can be wrapped round thigh area for easier carriage.
Karda (small knife) and Chakmak (sharpener) are discarded to lessen over all weight of the khukuri.
Handle is about 5 inch long.
Materials /Features: Water buffalo leather scabbard, 3 x riveted FULL FLAT tang Indian rosewood handle, three fullers/layers
The ‘Beast and Beautiful‘, 3 Chirra for hardcore kukri fanatics and users.
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 925
- Overall weight (gm): 1175
- Shipping weight (gm): 1525
- Blade finishing: Unpolished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Dharan, Eastern Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 10
- Handle finishing: polished
- Sheath: Water buffalo leather scabbard
- Released date of KHHI Nepal: 2007-06-15
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Chirra
- Function: Fighting, Lethal, Gift, Defending, Jungle warfare, Show Piece, Combat, Collection
Sale ID / Warranty #: 13398 P1
Hi, i got the 3 Chirra today and i just want to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
It s a very nice knife and the shipping via dhl was very fast too. I also not need to pay the tax because the invoice was 20 $ (incl. shipping), thank you.
I think i will order again with you.
Best regards from Germany
Hello. I just wan ted to thank you for my recent order. What a great Knife! I have purchased from you before, as well as countless others' knives over the years. Your Bowie combines the functional solidity of your 3 Chirra Khukuri, with the stabbing ability of a first-rate bowie. This may be “the perfect knife”. Please feel free to quote me by name, if you like.
KHHI SALE ID: 19463 P1
30th November, 2017Fred Lord AZ, USA
hello, I hereby let you know that I received the kukri " the beast ", it's a mega super beautiful knife , thank you .
JHM Smit [KHHI SALE ID: 13167 P1]
7844LM, Netherlands The