AngPana for Jungle
Creatively and specially designed kukri for hostile jungle territories and its behavior.. RAW n REAL..
AngPana ; Jungle kukri I a Heavy Duty knife I Lovingly handmade by sweat and skill from Nepal
The overwhelming success of the “Raw Panawal” (raw black blade), convinced and pressed KHHI crew to come up with yet another similar version, based on the basics of Raw Panawal, but improvised and modified, which is the “AngPana for Jungle”. Enough reach and coverage of 12 inches of the blade, unpolished horn handle with a single broad flat ridge for better grip and green leather scabbard for look and strength are all the special features of the “AngPana” that distinct the kukri from the rest, that define this powerful jungle operational kukri.
The unique and interesting name “AngPana” is actually the merging of two kukri terms together. The famous and functional kukri types Angkhola( having fuller in the blade) and Panawal (Full flat tang with rivets) are kept mixed up to give a unique name. Here the composition goes like this, Ang is taken from AngKhola and Pana from Panawal kept together to make it AngPana.
AngPana Kukri Profile
The Blade >>
AngPana has a black (raw) blade having semi fuller or layer (hump) running across the main (above) panel of the blade. It is made so to give more strength and durability to the width of the blade while in use and also to cut down the unnecessary weight of the blade. The curvature will also give much needed support to the flat surface by evenly distributing the impact force created when striking against a target. It is also a display of true craftsmanship as it is very difficult to craft.
The handle of this kukri is made like that of the famous “Panawals” version (the name also says) where the flat tang goes all the way through the handle, and silver (Aluminum) rivets are fitted to strengthen the fixtures. The metal tang can also be clearly seen on the two sides of the handle. Unpolished buffalo horn is used to give an overall matching look and sturdiness. A single broad flat ridge is furnished for better grip, to make holding easier and non slippery. (IMP note:: If the HORN is not to our quality standard when making then it would be replaced by BLACK WOOD)
A green leather scabbard with a black frog gives a perfect camouflage and a handsome “Junglee” (wild) look. Junglee is a term used to denote the inhabitants in the jungles, most commonly used in the Indian Sub Continent.
“AngPana for Jungle” is creatively and specially designed for hostile Jungle territories and its behavior where one would not know what another minute would deliver or confront.
Blade size: 12 inches approx.
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
Materials/Features: Special green leather scabbard, full flat tang riveted buffalo horn/ Blackwood handle, raw blade, black frog, lanyard loop in the scabbard
- Actual Weight (gm): 875
- Overall weight (gm): 1050
- Shipping weight (gm): 1500
- Blade finishing: RAW
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Blade thickness (mm): 10
- Handle finishing: Unpolished
- Sheath: Special green leather
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Chirra
- Function: Heavy Duty, Defending, Domestic use, Hunting, Lethal, Fighting
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]