Black OEF Kukri (Peace Keeper)
A brilliant combination of the most famous and recognized things in the biz; 1) Operation Enduring Freedom Khukuri 2) Raw or Black version and 3) Buffalo Horn finger grip
Black Op. Enduring Freedom; The Peace Keeper kukri knife
Black Operation Enduring Freedom (BOEF) is the later version of the famous “Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan)” that was released in late 2008 by KHHI. Here the standard template of Enduring Freedom is slightly modified by using different materials and finishing.
BOEF is actually a brilliant combination of the most famous and recognized things in the business of khukuri.
- Operation Enduring Freedom Khukuri
- Black version Raw blade, and
- Buffalo Horn handle with finger grips.
KHHI’s superb effort into creating a kukri knife in the famous Enduring blade with black bladed version fitted with Enduring type horn handle finger groove edge is truly a work of class that would deliver nothing but the highest level of result, satisfaction, and confidence. It is dedicated and built for all Peace Keeping Force around the globe to help maintain law and order, keep peace and security and save and serve humanity from his adversary and his ideology.
Blade:: Shape, size, and design like that of the famous “Operation Enduring Freedom Khukuri” however the traditional notch is replaced by a pointed nozzle (see photo) to give a modern and appealing look. Here the famous Black (Raw) finishing is adopted (hence the name) for the blade for strength, durability, and prominent look. The edge (bevel) is however whitened or finished (unpolished) to perform better and give extra sharpness to the edge.
Handle:: The basic template of “Operation Enduring Freedom Khukuri” but improved by the “Knuckle Panel” at the front edge for easier and better grip. The erected guard protects the user’s hand within the handle area whereas the finger grips (curvature) ensures a well balanced, comfortable, and efficient handling at all times. Similarly, a lanyard facility in the extended tang also comes as an advantage to keep the khukuri intact in the user’s hand even in very sweaty and slippery conditions.
Scabbard:: BOEF has a regular sheath (buffalo leather) having a leather lanyard loop and houses a small but very useful 2.5 inches bladed Back-Up knife as shown in the photo. This small utility knife comes in equally handy for small but important cutting activities. Its very handy and effective size fitted with a comfortable handle makes minor cutting tasks easier than the mother blade itself. Similarly, Bop.EF belt holder or Frog has a fasten-up strap button to keep the blade attached to the sheath (loop) at all times, while even in heavy motion. This little but very useful feature gives the much-needed clutch that the carriage becomes so much easy and trouble-free.
Materials / Features:
- Water buffalo leather scabbard with lanyard facility,
- Full flat tang finger grip Horn handle with lanyard hole,
- High carbon steel RAW (black) blade,
- 2.5” bladed Back up knife,
- fasten-up strap button
ORIGIN: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
Released on 2nd April 2010
- Actual Weight (gm): 700
- Overall weight (gm): 900
- Shipping weight (gm): 1250
- Blade finishing: RAW
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 52100
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Back up knife
- Blade thickness (mm): 9
- Handle finishing: Unpolished
- Sheath: Water buffalo leather
- Released date of KHHI Nepal: 2010-04-02
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 52-54 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Defending, Military, Combat, Jungle warfare, Regular Work
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]