Chainpure Special (Carved)
The Chainpur village in the Eastern part of Nepal where this knife is made has their own exclusive khukuri called the “ChainPure” named after their home village “ChainPure”. Similarly “ChainPure Special” is an enhancement of the regular ChainPure to make the knife even more special and exclusive by crafting a carved decorative scabbard out of Indian rosewood expertly. Chainpurians use conventional hand tools to carve patterns and designs in the wooden sheath to adorn and beautify the whole look of the khukuri. The word “Special” is used is denote the special carved feature of the kukri knife.
Although it is usable, it is basically a decorative khukuri that represents the true craftsmanship of Chainpur, that is especially made to décor a place. The scabbard is skillfully crafted out of wood and brass fittings are wrapped around to give a handsome look. It is further beautifully carved with traditional patterns in the front panel; a simple yet very attractive look to many.
This typical village khukuri knife has a distinct notch unlike others. The open notch in most of the knives is discarded and instead made a see-through hole in the shape of a cow’s hoof, which is holy in Nepal. The hole or notch also symbolizes the “Symbol of Fertility” sign, when the blade is held upright, believed to be holy as it signifies the great lord “the Shiva. Since all ChainPures are “Hindus” the unique and religious notch is believed to bring good luck, fortune, prosperity and salvation. A nozzle is also forged just in front of the notch, to work as a blood dripper. A ChainPure khukuri basically is a domestic utility knife for the ChinPures but having a blood dripper is no harm when blood really has to be shed.
The Chainpure also has a differently made handle. The regular metallic bolster is discarded and replaced by an ace-shaped keeper to secure the tang at the butt section. Fine contours of the handle also provide easy and strong hold. Some carvings identical to the scabbard type are also done to give an overall matching and beautiful look.
Size of blade: 10 inch
Materials: Indian rosewood carved scabbard, rosewood handle, brass fittings
Origin: Chainpur, far Eastern Nepal
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 450
- Overall weight (gm): 675
- Shipping weight (gm): 1000
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Chainpur, Far Eastern Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 8
- Handle finishing: Polish
- Sheath: Rosewood
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Decoration, Indoor, Gift, Show Piece, Regular Work