Chainpure Special (Carved)
Although it is usable, it is basically a decorative khukuri that represents the true craftsmanship of Chainpur..
Chainpure Special (Carved); traditonal, classic & unique decorative khukuri
traditional kukri from Chainpur with carved wooden scabbard..
The name of the kukri comes from a village in the Eastern part of Nepal. Chainpure village is famous for the kukri it makes and hence the name Chainpure Khukuri. The name special or wooden is given as per the sheath made for these kukris. “ChainPure Special” is a special Khukuri that has decorative wooden scabbard which is artistically carved with patterns within. These patterns are made with traditional hand tools hence take lot of time in making one scabbard. The word “Special” is also because of such work done in the handle as well.
Chainpure kukris are typically a village kukris. The open notch that we see in most of the kukris are discarded and instead made a see-through hole in the shape of a cow’s hoof. The notch whether open or closed resembles the cows hoof, since cow is holy in Nepal so is its hoof. The hole or notch also symbolizes the “Symbol of Fertility” believed by Hindus as the holy sign of Lord Shiva. There is a strong belief that the notch brings fortune and prosperity. A nozzle is made just in front of the notch, to work as a blood dripper. The Chainpure also has a different handle. The stick handle goes right through and is secured by ace-shaped keeper at the butt section. Some carvings identical to the scabbard is done to give overall matching look.
With the carving on the handle and scabbard this kukri is marked as a decorative piece however there is no question in its ability to be used as domestic utility knife or a companion in the field or in the jungle.
Size of blade: 10 inch approx
Materials: Indian rosewood carved scabbard, rosewood handle, brass fittings
Origin: Chainpur, far Eastern Nepal
- Actual Weight (gm): 450
- Overall weight (gm): 675
- Shipping weight (gm): 1000
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Chainpur, Far Eastern Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 8
- Handle finishing: Polish
- Sheath: Rosewood
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Decoration, Indoor, Gift, Show Piece, Regular Work
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]