Chuppi ; A local word in Nepalese that means a sharp pointed knife used for stabbing, offending etc..
CHUPPI : the Assault knife >> mean and aggressive ..
“An honest and loyal companion at difficult times”
“Chuppi” is a local word in Nepalese that means a sharp pointed knife (head portion) mainly used for stabbing, offending etc. It literally means the harsh/strong version of the knife that is used against the enemy to assault. The front portion of the blade is made similar to that of a “Chukuri” with its back curve area equally sharp like belly intended for lethal application. The 5 inch hi-carbon blade has about 5 inch long full flat tang that goes all the way through the horn handle. The tang is further riveted to strengthen the whole fixture. The exclusive designated curves and contours of the knife give a perfect sturdy and easy grip to the handle. A lanyard hole facility is also in place; for a leather thong to go through it and round the using hand’s wrist.
“Chuppi” comes with plain black “Cordura” fabric scabbard with belt loop at the back. A small loop is also made to go around the handle to hold it firmly once the knife is tucked in. The traditional wooden frame is tucked inside the fabric to firmly and safely hold the knife.
Size of blade: 5 inch approx.
Materials / Features: Cordura scabbard, 3 x riveted full flat tang water buffalo horn handle, lanyard hole
Origin: KHHI, KTM Nepal
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 250
- Overall weight (gm): 350
- Shipping weight (gm): 600
- Blade finishing: Mirror
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 52100
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 5
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Cordura scabbard
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: None
- Edge grinding: Convex
- Edge Hardness: 52-54 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Scandi
- Function: Attacking, Trekking, Gift, Stabbing, Lethal, Fighting, Combat, Hunting
Give us your valuable review on our items.
I wanted a knife that was robust and was deadly if need be, the Chuppi was the perfect fit. For a knife that you can wield as a deadly weapon with either thrusting or slashing it is strong enough for bushcraft work. The tip while ground down to a very sharp point is still robust enough to ram into wood and pry without the tip snapping off. The tang and handle are on the larger size which fits my hands perfectly. If you have small hands you may want to ask the smith to shave down the wood scales a bit more than standard. I have countless knives made all over the world that feel like toothpicks in my hand, this wasn't that, it's perfect. I'm not sure if I got a custom sheath because of the wait of Covid-19 but I received a stacked leather sheath instead of the Cordura one listed in the description. If KHHI was thinking of mass producing this scabbard I would say do it because it's a nice addition. Very happy with my purchase, thanks KHHI!
Date: 26th June, 2020
Nathan Pierce California, USA
Date: 29th May, 2019
Michael Lard United States