Chukuri (Hybrid Special)
Chukuri is the latest and most fascinating knife Khukuri House Handicraft Industry has ever produced. It is actually the combination or experiment of two most common knives of Nepal, “Kukri” and “Churi” and hence the name. The shape, style and features show both the parental characters at it’s best. The spine of the Chukuri with sharp edge at the head section reflects the character taken from a “Churi” and the front arch belly portion from a “Khukuri”. This unusual yet striking shape with sharp edges on both sides make this a unique masterpiece that can be an honest tool, a loyal friend or an enemy’s worst nightmare. The combination of beauty and the beast of two famous authentic knives, have made this knife an exceptional experiment of indisputable supremacy.
Blade:: It has high carbon steel as in all khukuris with a twist at the head portion as seen in the picture. This curve is also made sharp and much more pointed at the tip for piercing and tearing apart through upward movement. Chukuri is both a hacking and stabbing maniac.
Handle:: Special handle is designed for heavy stressful assignments, swiftness and safety. Typical khukuri shaped handle is replaced by KHHI’s exclusive handle where the top front portion is erected from the actual surface/level to protect the using handle; the erected contour will ensure the hand stays restricted within the handle so it can be prevented from slipping towards the sharp edge of the khukuri blade. The design and shape of the handle is crafted to give the best possible and fast handling. The full flat tang goes all the way through the handle, glued to the buffalo horn pieces and further riveted to strengthen the whole fixture. The regular butt cap (pommel) is discarded but the naked tang pops out of the handle where a circular hole is made as a lanyard hole (wrist cord). Water buffalo horn is used for the handle to match with the special scabbard of the “Chukuri”.
Scabbard:: Chukuri comes with a normal buffalo leather scabbard for strength and durability. A leather cord is also fitted to hold the knife firmly in the user’s thigh to prevent from wobbling while in motion. It has a single frog loop for the belt to go through as depicted in the picture. Unlike other knives, the two small knives (Karda and Chakmak) are completely discarded to make the knife as light as possible to carry around; an extra benefit to the user.
Size of blade: 9 inch
Materials: Water buffalo upper leather scabbard, water buffalo riveted full flat tang horn handle, buffalo leather cord
Origin: KHHI, KTM, NEPAL
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 550
- Overall weight (gm): 675
- Shipping weight (gm): 975
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 52100
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 7
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Black Leather
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: None
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 52-54 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Stabbing, Lethal, Combat, Jungle warfare, Collection, Regular Work, Attacking
Write a Review
Give us your valuable review on our items.