Forestman PRO (Yeti) Kukri Knife
The designer >>
Daniel Linstromberg is an Eagle Scout, hiker, avid outdoors-man, and knife collector. He wanted a blade that was heavy enough to chop well, but light and fast enough to bushwhack and use for hours without fatigue. He wanted the blade to be a worker, and that is what was created. There were many blades he tried, each with their merits, but none that were exactly what he desired. He took aspects from other designed he liked and dismissed the aspects he did not like. This design is a true middle ground from his favorites. There may not be a true 'one tool option', but this is close to it.
It is the improved version of the famous light series of KHHI the Forestman (SLEEK) kukri. The same blade is fitted but with an even better fitting grip and nicer looking handle. It gives the user a solid and very comfortable feel and thus the blade becomes more effective. The handle is fitted with L-key set up and thus is very durable. New ALL black leather sheath (no wood inside, Western style) is supplied for the blade for very easy usage and great look.
Forestman PRO, titled as 'Yeti' by the designer is a superb working kukri knife having a well balanced and effectual blade (main benefit of the knife) with a very easy and comfortable handle which becomes a must when it comes to going to the forest or any wilderness. The knife is easy to carry and use which is the main feature of the knife. The effortlessness and effectiveness it can deliver is its ultimate strength. The Forestman kukri (Yeti) is definitely one heck of an all-out all-purpose utility knife that becomes like an extension of your arm when it comes to cutting. This khukuri can be your survial cum working tool in the forest and bushcraft. One of the best handforged Nepali kukri that can be used in the wiild himalayas to dense Amazon forest. A strong and durable modified Gurkha kukri by a western man.
Congratulations to Daniel Linstromberg for this superb design and modification. We are very proud to carry this kukri knife::
Some featurs of Forestman PRO (Yeti) khukuri/kukri knife are listed below :
- Light weight – for continuous prolong usage;
- all bevel - for deeper impact/cut;
- Well polished blade – for easy maintenance (rust free);
- Full flat tang wooden handle strongly secured by L-Key nut-bolts and epoxy – for a lifelong durability;
- V comfortable handle with rings - for extra grip and easy and effective holding;
- lanyard hole - for leather string to go thru to tie in wrist;
- Western sheath –for easier and quicker draw, easy to carry and stunning look.
Major specifications of Forestman PRO (Yeti), for more please click on specififcation TAB above.
Blade size: 10.5 inches approx.
Handle size: 5 inches almost
Blade Thickness: 7 mm approx
Weight: 600 gms approx. (Blade+Handle)
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal (released on 29th Mar 2017)
Raw materials / Features: New ALL LEATHER black leather sheath, Rosewood handle with L-Key set up and multiple rings
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 600
- Overall weight (gm): 750
- Shipping weight (gm): 1000
- Blade finishing: Mirror
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 52100
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 7
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Western sheath
- Released date of KHHI Nepal: 2017-03-29
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: None
- Edge grinding: Convex
- Edge Hardness: 52-54 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Trekking, Indoor, Stabbing, Hunting, Outdoor, Combat
Give us your valuable review on our items.
unique in a few ways..
Todays #knifeoftheday is the @khhinepal's #forestmanproyeti
This khuk was designed by @denalidownsouth (instagram) and it is unique in a few ways.
The khuk is about 1/4" thick as opposed to the typical 3/8", its very fast in hand, the handles are PERFECTLY shaped, and they are BOLTED on, as opposed to the normal nepalese epoxy pin combo that has failed me a few times.
This is a cool, westernized khukuri that would make a great addition to anyones camp kit!
Link to video review >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANsuUytK3ZY
Date: 21st March, 2019
Jacob Beach USA
Nice light weight camping tool
This is a very nice light weight knife along with its sheath. It is beautifully made and a pleasure to handle. Like all my other kukris this is a treasure.
Date: 1st February, 2019
John Wooddell Texas