Forestman PRO (Yeti)
titled as YETI by the designer, is a superb working kukri knife having a well balanced and effectual blade and GREAT grip (main benefit of the knife)..
Forestman PRO (Yeti) Kukri Knife; perfect and modern
A strong and durable modified kukri by a western man.
The designer >>
Daniel Linstromberg is an Eagle Scout, hiker, avid outdoors-man, and knife collector. He wanted a blade that was heavy enough to chop well, but light and fast enough to bushwhack and use for hours without fatigue. He wanted the blade to be a worker, and that is what was created. There were many blades he tried, each with their merits, but none that were exactly what he desired. He took aspects from other designs he liked and dismissed the aspects he did not like. This design is a true middle ground from his favorites. There may not be a true 'one tool option', but this is close to it. Congratulations to Daniel for this superb design and modification. We are very proud to carry this kukri knife.
Name & title
Forestman PRO, titled as 'Yeti' by the designer is a superb working kukri knife having a well balanced and effectual blade (the main benefit of the knife) with a very easy and comfortable handle which becomes a must when it comes to going to the forest or any wilderness. The kukri is easy to carry and use which is the main feature of the knife. The effortlessness and effectiveness it can deliver is its ultimate strength.
making explained >>
YETI is an improved version of the famous light series of KHHI the Forestman (SLEEK) kukri. The same blade is fitted but with an even better fitting grip and nicer looking handle. It gives the user a solid and very comfortable feel and thus the blade becomes more effective. The handle is fitted with L-key set up and thus is very durable. New ALL black leather sheath (no wood inside, Western style) is supplied for the blade for very easy usage and great look.
Major features of Forestman PRO (Yeti) kukri are listed below :
- Light weight – for continuous prolong usage;
- all bevel - for deeper impact/cut;
- Well polished blade – for easy maintenance (rust free);
- Full flat tang wooden handle strongly secured by L-Key nut-bolts and epoxy – for lifelong durability;
- V comfortable handle with rings - for extra grip and easy and effective holding;
- lanyard hole - for the leather string to go thru to tie in the wrist;
- Western sheath –for an easier and quicker draw, easy to carry, and stunning look.
The Forestman (Yeti) is definitely one heck of an all-out all-purpose utility kukri knife that becomes like an extension of your arm when it comes to cutting. This kukri can be your survival cum working tool in the forest and bushcraft. One of the best hand-forged Nepali kukri that can be used in the wild Himalayas to dense Amazon forest.
Major specs, for more please click on specififcation TAB above.
Blade size: 10.5 inches approx.
Handle size: 5 inches almost
Blade Thickness: 7 mm approx
Weight: 600 gms approx. (Blade+Handle)
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal (released on 29th Mar 2017)
Raw materials / Features: New ALL LEATHER black sheath, Rosewood handle with L-Key set up and multiple rings
- Actual Weight (gm): 600
- Overall weight (gm): 750
- Shipping weight (gm): 1000
- Blade finishing: Mirror
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 52100
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 7
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Western sheath
- Released date of KHHI Nepal: 2017-03-29
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: None
- Edge grinding: Convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Trekking, Indoor, Stabbing, Hunting, Outdoor, Combat
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]