Jung Bahadur (The Ruler)
A replica of the original version owned by Jung Bahadur Rana, the 1st PM of Nepal.. Deadly and brute like its creator …
Jung Bahadur (The Ruler); a classic kukri
Deadly and brute like its creator …
The name itself speaks for the identity and history of the kukri. It was widely used during Jung Bahadur Rana’s dynasty in the 19th and 20th century so the name follows. Jung Bahadur Rana was the first prime minister of Nepal of the Rana dynasty who came to power in 1846 AD. His powerful Rana dynasty of hereditary prime ministers that lasted till 1951 for 104 years is considered to be as the “Dark Days of Nepal”. The basic rights and opportunities to the people were seized/taken away and forced into slavery. Jung Bahadur Rana was also known for his fondness of women and weapons. He had tons of collection of modern and antique weapons among which kukri was one of his favorites. It was immensely used by him and his generation until they were strip from power.
This Jung Bahadur Kukri is a replica of the original one owned by Jung Bahadur Rana himself. The shape of this kukri knife is similar to the ‘Aitihasik’ type used by Gorkhali Sainik, however slightly curved and longer. The unusual section of the kukri is the handle which is imitated from antique swords. The handle is made from solid iron/metal rod with hand guard on both sides as shown in the picture. A metallic arch made from iron sheet is fixed to the front guard of the handle. The metallic handle gives the ever-lasting strength and hand guard provides much needed protection to hand during hand-to-hand combat. The handle is given a suitable shape/design to go with the blade. This kukri as a whole appears to be fearsome, faithful and destructive. The scabbard is made from wood from inside and carefully wrapped by buffalo leather as in regular kukris.
Jung Bahadur khukuri is a perfect show piece and a collection item with historic background rarely found today. It is also a superb cutting kukri knife having a rock-hard metallic handle.
Learn more about the famous Jung Bahadur Rana
Size of blade: 14 inch approx.
Materials: Water buffalo leather scabbard, metallic full flat tang hand-guard handle, unpolish blade
Origin: Dharan, Eastern Nepal
- Actual Weight (gm): 900
- Overall weight (gm): 1150
- Shipping weight (gm): 1700
- Blade finishing: Unpolished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Dharan, Eastern Nepal
- Blade thickness (mm): 9
- Handle finishing: Chemical Painted
- Sheath: Water buffalo leather scabbard
- Tang type: Rat-Tail
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Lethal, Combat, Show Piece, Collection, Regular Work
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]