Jungle Panawal (Better)
“Jungle Panawal” is actually the same “Jungle” version reproduced by KHHI but with a superior full-flat-tang handle. The same blade is fitted with a “Panawal” handle to enhance the working ability of the knife hence the name follows as the “Jungle Panawal”.
It is a totally unpolished full-size kukri used for jungle warfare and domestic need too. It is designed for rough use so no finishing (shinning) is done on the blade. It is also an optional knife for the British Gurkhas as a training or combat kukri. It is very famous among users because of its typical look and better feature (handle), as an all-purpose utility knife.
As mentioned above unlike the regular "Jungle", the extra special feature or the strength of this kukri is its handle. It is especially designed for heavy stressful work and has a special fitting of the blade to the hilt. It has a unique distinct handle where the metal (tang) of the blade in the handle area is flat, not narrow and pointed as in other knives. The blade is therefore visible all around the handle. The handle is further joined strongly to the blade with two rivets that can also be seen at the sides.
Unlike other regular khukuris, a leather loop (Lanyard hole) is also made in the tip of the scabbard to hold the knife firmly in the user’s thigh to prevent from wobbling while in motion by using a string. This comes as an additional feature to better and differentiate the kukri from others. The same feature (lanyard hole) is also introduced in the handle.
The total unpolished format of Jungle Panawal enhances the cutting ability and durability of the blade as loss of temper is prevent by avoiding the long machinery process undertaken to polish a blade which generates extreme heat.
Jungle Panawal has a twin loop belt frog.
Size of blade: 10 inch
Materials: Water buffalo leather scabbard, full flat tang twin rivets wooden handle, 2 x small knives
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 615
- Overall weight (gm): 825
- Shipping weight (gm): 1125
- Blade finishing: Unpolished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Dharan, Eastern Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 9
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Water buffalo leather
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Indoor, Hunting, Jungle warfare, Regular Work, Heavy Duty, Trekking
Give us your valuable review on our items.
I just had receive my Jungle Panawal and it's perfect as my previous order...
So many thanks to you all... Great job... And see you for my next order to come very soon.
Armand HANCA, Paris, France
Sale ID / Warranty #: 17988 P1
Armand HANCA Paris, France