12.5 inch Heavy Duty Machete knife (KHHI Parang)
One of the new types introduced by KHHI, outside the re-curve shape of the legendary khukuri, to enhance its splendid collection of the hardcore jungle warfare knives and cutting tools. Its shape and size are influenced from “Parang”, a short heavy straight-edged knife, which is widely used in Malaysia and Indonesia as a tool and weapon. The thick heavy blade of the “HD Machete” is the driving force of the knife which drives it against and thru any surfaces with ease and massive impact. It is designed for a stronger chopping action backed up by a heavier blade and the blade is also beveled more obtusely to prevent it from binding in the cut. This full sized heavy duty machete is both; an ARMOR - that can be used for attacking and defending; a TOOL - that can be used as chopper for cutting just about anything; and also a HAMMER, to pounding things by its bulky spine. It is also a simple domestic knife that will come handy in yards, gardens and stuffs. The knife is large enough to tackle woody brush yet small enough to handle easily for small games. The spine is 6mm thick where as the tang is full 10 mm thick which goes all the way down and is securely wrapped by high quality military standard paracord. This is wisely done to give counter balance to the blade. The full flat tang is then wrapped using a special wrapping technique developed by KHHI. It is securely wrapped in such a fashion that the user feels very easy and safe to hold the knife, thus very handy. The blade is full 12.5” long constructed for heavy duty hence the name “12.5HD”.
Blade size: 12.5 inches approx.
Handle size: 5.5 -6 inches approx.
Blade Thickness: 6 mm approx.
Weight: 925 gms approx. (Blade + Handle)
Material:EN-31 industrial steel, Paracord wrapped handle (black/army green); Leather Sheath
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal (released on 28th Dec 2013)
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 925
- Overall weight (gm): 1085
- Shipping weight (gm): 1475
- Blade finishing: Unpolished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 52100
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 6
- Handle finishing: Paracord wrapped
- Sheath: Black Leather
- Released date of KHHI Nepal: 2013-12-28
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: None
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 52-54 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Scandi
- Function: Heavy Duty, Trekking, Military, Jungle warfare, Regular Work
Give us your valuable review on our items.
Hello. I have received my KHHI parang with 9.5 blade. I really like how it turned out. The side of the blade has a B. Please tell him that I'm very happy with the parang. I plan to buy more parangs in the future. The sheath is very nice. I would like for the person with the symbol B to make all my future blades.
I have a question. Do you make Kydex sheath for all the knives you make or just for kukri?
Thank you have a great day.
Date: 20th August, 2018