Dhankute Wooden Dragon
A famous village in the east, Dhankuta, makes special scabbard depicting national symbols for display/gift. Its also a fine working tool..
Dhankute Kukri with special Wooden scabbard & Dragon carved on blade >>
One of the most famous kukri knives in Nepal that originated from eastern district of the country used by almost all Nepalese in their daily chores gets a new look with the dragon blade. This district Dhankuta is blessed with artisans and makes ordinary things a piece of art. This is what they did with the simple Dhankute kukri, turned this everyday knife into a décor. Dhankute people specializes in many ornamented and decorative displayers amongst which DhanKute Khukuri is one of their prized and prestigious possession.
Dhankute wooden dragon has a simple blade. It is slimmer and lighter than army type blades. The blade is carved by dragon and other supporting figures although dragon has no historical or any significant value. It is due to the shape of the kukri blade and structure of the dragon that go along well in a longitude flow. Both go well together giving a beautiful sight. While the wooden scabbard is extraordinary crafted from Indian rosewood that compliments the blade really well. It is given an artistic touch with national symbols that depicts the great talent of craftsman. Various national symbols are mounted in the scabbard to represent the glory of the country. [IMP NOTE >> Please be notified that national symbols shown in the product's photo may differ with orders]
Dhankute khukuri is mostly a working tool, simple yet effective, very handy for day to day work. However, besides being a mere cutting knife there is much more for it's existence as its widely used in wedding, weaning ceremony, last rites and various cultural events. It makes a perfect gift and the best souvenir to take back home when you leave Nepal. It is also a fine traditional item to display and adore a place. Because of all these, over these years the " Dhankute Wooden Dragon" has evolved itself more as a decorative item than a working tool.
Size of blade: 10 inch approx.
Materials: Indian rosewood scabbard and handle, brass fittings
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 450
- Overall weight (gm): 650
- Shipping weight (gm): 950
- Blade finishing: Mirror
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Dhankuta, Eastern Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 8
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Indian rosewood
- Tang type: Rat-Tail
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Materials: Brass fixtures
- Function: Decoration, Gift, Show Piece, Collection
Give us your valuable review on our items.
Date: 8th October, 2019